Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
AState AD is looking to leave, football is best program at school. Other sports are not good. Lots of fans want him gone. He did great job with facilities, but coach hires have been poor.
Don't know much about him but this sounds fairly impressive.

Mohajir returned to his alma mater in 2012 to lead the Arkansas State athletics department after time at both Kansas and FAU. During 12 years at Arkansas State, he’s helped guide the Red Wolves to 25 conference championships in a variety of sports, including football (2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016), men’s basketball (2013) and women’s basketball (2014, 2016).
He’s spearheaded growth in the athletic department, which generated $40.1 million in revenue in 2018-19, according to the Knight Commission database.
Mohajir also is also one of the 13 members of the College Football Playoff selection committee.

UCF reportedly closing in on hiring Arkansas State’s Terry Mohajir as its new athletics director

NE Arkansas is basketball area. Very little concern for football area wide. Both basketball teams have struggled in last 4-5 years and that upsets people.
AState does have great rugby and women’s bowling teams. But they are club sports and not under the AD.
Also notice that last conference championships were in 2016.

Reactions: Sleegro
But was the because of great defense or that JG went FULL ON JG?
Below is a review of Kentucky's defensive coaches from KSR.

Steve Clinkscale is the most tenured defensive coach under Brad White. His secondary led the SEC in pass defense in 2019 and 2020. The Cats have picked off 13 passes this season, which is good enough to be tied for first in the Southeastern Conference. Four of his 2018 defensive backs earned a spot in the NFL: Mike Edwards, Lonnie Johnson, Derrick Baity and Chris Westry. Edwards finished his career in the prestigious 300 Tackle Club.

Steps to a proper Volnation reaction to the potential Al Washington hire

Step 1: rejection. “He has no experience, why are we such garbage”

Step 2: (googles). Slight backtracking. “He could have some success here. Seems to be a good recruiter. We could do worse.”

Step 3: (the threat of him not leaving OSU). Vols to the wall. “WE ARE DEAD IF IT ISNT WASHINGTON, WHY ARE WE SUCH GARBAGE”
giphy.gif

I would bet that Washington keeps Henry and lands Nolan. I think he would really do well with defensive recruiting.

Looking forward to seeing what new coaching blood can do...I’m really ok with getting up and coming coaches instead of retreads. We’ve got some salvage work to do so, let’s see what happens.

Steps to a proper Volnation reaction to the potential Al Washington hire

Step 1: rejection. “He has no experience, why are we such garbage”

Step 2: (googles). Slight backtracking. “He could have some success here. Seems to be a good recruiter. We could do worse.”

Step 3: (the threat of him not leaving OSU). Vols to the wall. “WE ARE DEAD IF IT ISNT WASHINGTON, WHY ARE WE SUCH GARBAGE”

Accurate...

This doesn’t appear to me to be in the category of a leak.

A leak Is more like “we are hearing” with nothing definite behind it. We’ve seen Zero DC releases that look like this.

A leak is breaking interest OR a hire before the school itself releases it

Full ride just said they got some word on our coaching staff moves and will talk about it after the break. Don’t worry, my work can wait and I’ll keep you informed.
Nothing earth shattering. It’s Washington’s job if he wants it and waiting to hear what happens.

Poster on VQ says he's reached out to KY's db coach. He's seriously considering it. I hope he takes it. He doesn't have experience, so it's risky. But Jancek is awful so experience means nothing there. Washington can recruit and he can develop. Players matter more than plays. Especially if we're scoring 35 ppg or above. Just hold teams to 34.
Are we looking at him just because UK's defensive backs intercepted 2 out JG's passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back