Super Bowl LV Thread, 6:30 PM ET (2/7/21), CBS

The defense or Brady. Brady will get it though but that defense was nasty.
The last three times defensive players got the MVP of a Super Bowl was Defensive End Richard Dent of the Chicago Bears in the 1985 Super Bowl against the New England Patriots. Defensive lineman Randy White and Defensive End Harvey Martin of the Dallas Cowboys in the 1977 Super Bowl against the Denver Broncos. Linebacker Chuck Howley of the Dallas Cowboys in the 1970 Super Bowl against the Baltimore Colts. Chuck Howley was the only player from the losing team to be named Super Bowl MVP(Cowboys lost 16-13 to the Colts in the 1970 Super Bowl).

Last edited:
Reactions: BreatheUT
KC 38
TB 20

TB won't have a good enough pass rush to shut Maholmes down.
TB also won't have an answer for Hill.
Maholmes is going to be first Quarterback in NFL history to win 3 straight superbowls.
KC defensive secondary is legit.
OIP (13).jpg

Well, kudos to him. I wonder what they return next year?
I think the NFC South will be another dog fight. I think Drew Brees returns for probably his last season with the Saints. I think the Buccaneers win the NFC South and the Saints are a Wildcard team.

I think the NFC South will be another dog fight. I think Drew Brees returns for probably his last season with the Saints. I think the Buccaneers win the NFC South and the Saints are a Wildcard team.
Have you seen their cap numbers and free agents? A team can change so much form year to year.

Reactions: Border Vol
Have you seen their cap numbers and free agents? A team can change so much form year to year.
Very true! I think the team with the worst cap problems in the NFC South is the Falcons and i could see them trading Matt Ryan and drafting Mac Jones with the 4th pick in the NFL Draft.

The last three times defensive players got the MVP of a Super Bowl was Defensive End Richard Dent of the Chicago Bears in the 1985 Super Bowl against the New England Patriots. Defensive lineman Randy White and Defensive End Harvey Martin of the Dallas Cowboys in the 1977 Super Bowl against the Denver Broncos. Linebacker Chuck Howley of the Dallas Cowboys in the 1970 Super Bowl against the Baltimore Colts. Chuck Howley was the only player from the losing team to be named Super Bowl MVP(Cowboys lost 16-13 to the Colts in the 1970 Super Bowl).

Pretty sure FS Dexter Jackson won it for Tampa in 02-03 as well

And Malcolm Smith for Seattle in 13-14, and then Von Miller in 15-16. I didn’t realize how many defensive guys won it recently

A corner won MVP for the Cowboys. Can't remember his name. He was good but nothing special.

VN Store

Back