Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not really evening talking about the politics behind it I’m talking about how the ncaa Fudged it up badly. It’s absolutely the worst time in all sports for hs kids to find a college of any size to go to because the idiots at the ncaa have given an extra year and in some cases 2 extra ones athletes of all sports
I don't think it's the ncaas fault that CA removed the kids platform to compete for a college opportunity. That's on CA and CA only. I think it's right to give the athletes an extra year. Maybe have them not count toward the 85 but would that have helped this kid? Perhaps not. But we KNOW CA decision definitely harmed it.

I took a quick look at Mtsu and last year they signed 19 high school kids and 9 this year

it’s that level recruit that is getting hammered with all this dynamic

No, I completely agree the NCAA handing out blanket "free" seasons of eligibility was a bad move. For baseball/softball I get it, but for Basketball and Football (both of which still basically played nearly complete seasons) it legit negatively impacted graduating HS players. The college kids that would have moved on would be doing so as graduates with college degrees. The NCAA effectively just limited how many scholarships incoming HS players had available to claim.

Also, while we're on the subject, the final three for our job was Sonny Dykes, Tony Elliott and Josh Heupel.

For as bad as my hypothetical lists were, I never thought we'd get that low.

Who said those were the last three? I don't buy for a minute that Sonny Dykes was ever a serious candidate. Maybe he got vetted but that does not mean he was next in line after Elliott/Heupel.

I took those except the Pepcid and added vitamin C everytime my throat would start hurting. I did fine except the exhaustion and a headache sometimes. Everyone was terrified with all my health issues I would at least end up in the hospital.
I take vitamin D 4000 units and 50mg of zinc daily because of seeing that reported from several different sources over the last few months. I’ll take anything recommended for an advantage if I come down with Covid.

I don't think it's the ncaas fault that CA removed the kids platform to compete for a college opportunity. That's on CA and CA only. I think it's right to give the athletes an extra year. Maybe have them not count toward the 85 but would that have helped this kid? Perhaps not. But we KNOW CA decision definitely harmed it.

Lots of these lower tier schools aren’t able to pay for the extra scholarships over the 85 and life just isn’t fair sometimes. Thousands of high school kids lost their years last year and this one as well. Now they are getting hammered again while the ncaa thinks time should just stand still. It’s been a huge mistake that hurts plenty allowing those kids to come back

The timeline made no sense. Never imagined we’d burn our own house down just to save a buy out.

And winning 8-9 games isn’t hard with a non-JG led offense and our soft schedule next year.

Keep outscooping everyone, Jets media guy.

PS - I’d dig in your archives for dumb takes but honestly you have like 50 posts per day. I went back like 20 pages of your posts and was only a week or so ago. Loved the “we should hire Elliott because he’s black” take though. Solid criteria
@HankHill @HoleInTheRoof
1612472968232.gif

I take vitamin D 4000 units and 50mg of zinc daily because of seeing that reported from several different sources over the last few months. I’ll take anything recommended for an advantage if I come down with Covid.

Those with vitamin C, quercetin, green tea, and melatonin. This is about as good as it gets for prevention and mild case recovery.

Lots of these lower tier schools aren’t able to pay for the extra scholarships over the 85 and life just isn’t fair sometimes. Thousands of high school kids lost their years last year and this one as well. Now they are getting hammered again while the ncaa thinks time should just stand still. It’s been a huge mistake that hurts plenty allowing those kids to come back
Which is why the majority of the chastising should be focused on the states that caused that loss. But schools could have still made the decision to no go beyond 85 and the ones that could, can go beyond. It opens the door for more HS kids. But that door being needed is due to states like CA

It's fight night in the RF Chat while we wait for the DC announcement!!

tenor.gif

Which is why the majority of the chastising should be focused on the states that caused that loss. But schools could have still made the decision to no go beyond 85 and the ones that could, can go beyond. It opens the door for more HS kids. But that door being needed is due to states like CA

I am not defending the states especially this school year. Now last spring I don’t think anyone really had any choice but to shut down

Those with vitamin C, quercetin, green tea, and melatonin. This is about as good as it gets for prevention and mild case recovery.

Most of that list +Ivermectin is the prophylaxis protocol from FLCCC, which looks to be about as effective as the vaccine...minus the becoming a zombie part.

Been asleep all day. Feel like I could easily go back to sleep. Trying not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back