Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a couple of days a week where I have no energy at all and have trouble staying awake no matter how much caffeine I take in. Before Covid I rarely slept more than 5-6 hours a night, and I have been like that for the last twenty years. Since Covid I have at least two nights a week when I sleep 10-12 hours and still groggy all day the next day..it is weird and I hate it. I hate sleeping..I have always thought it was a waste of life.
Yes, that's what a lot of people are saying. Unfortunately, that's been my life for the last 15 years so nothing new. Fortunately, I have a lot of hobbies that don't require a lot of energy when I have it....reading, scrapbooking, Bible study, Volnation...

Last edited:
Speak for yourself

if it’s AV the enemy of the program can get lost

I know a lot of posters feel that way about you. Me, I don't care. This is a message board. We're all here to share, no matter how unpopular an opinion we express. If AV twists your knickers, put him on ignore. You'd be less annoying if you did.

Well for one you’re putting too much stock these personnel groupings. There’s really no such thing as 4-3 or 3-4 base anymore Bc you’re not in it enough. You spend usually 75% of plays in some kind of nickel Set so that’s what should be the focus.

Bama,Georgia, (since Kirby), and LSU (since arranda) have been playing 3-3-5 as their primary nickel for a while now but people try to spin it as some under 3-4 look which is just wrong. Example:

View attachment 347969
View attachment 347971

View attachment 347972
3 Down Lineman
3 LBs
5 DBs

I’m not sure where this “weird or foreign” defense comes from. It’s all over the league. You’re basically picking between 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 at this point. It just depends on the make up of your current team. We are severely lacking playmakers on defense especially at edge/Lbs so i doubt we go 3-3-5 as much as 4-2-5. And i also think we could move some guys around to make some decent 4-2-5 ends and worry less about LBs.

@HankHill man I love your scheme breakdowns dude. beautiful insight!...wish freak would do like a 30 for 30 each week after big games with you being the host just giving us the 411...next coaching search fill out an app for a coaching position..seriously

Reactions: HankHill
Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.
Been waiting on you to respond since Heupel was hired. Don’t you think it’s time? Can you give us the lowdown on what happened during the coaching search and who turned us down? What was your initial reaction on the Heupel hire ? I know I was extremely disappointed at first based on some of the info coming from you and a couple of others.

how bout that basketball game last night
giphy.gif

21 commits, and two confirmed transfers puts us at 23. 2 spots left. Maybe 4 if we grant releases to Brooks and Brown. The two transfers counted are Hooker and the kicker, so apparently Big Kat is out.

Biggest questions left, when are we gonna get staff announcements? Are we gonna release Brooks and/or Brown? Any chance any of our portal guys return? Who might we pursue with those 2(possibly 4) remaining spots? Lots of needs, mostly on defense, with few spots.

Reactions: IN Jed
Have you ever had a sleep test?
No..I was a drug addict in my 20s and since getting clean in 98 I haven't really ever gotten back to sleeping very much. Like I said earlier, I am used to sleeping about five to six hours and feeling fine.

Since I had Covid I have a couple of days a week..like last night and today..where I just cannot shake off this fog, and I slept eleven hours last night.

Ya know what...it may be petty, but what if we just never recruited Oxford again?

Like that HS hasn’t exactly churned out a ton of talent. And the HC has said already, publicly we “won’t be allowed on campus” even though he didn’t speak with Josh Heupel & isn’t even sure who he talked to at UT.

Has Tennessee ever gotten a player from there? Losing access to one school in Alabama is probably not really a big deal...

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back