Where is Corey Walker?

UT coaches have stated that he has yet to earn playing time. Apparently out of shape also.

Apparently he's at the far end of the bench.
Somewhere around Timbuktu maybe.
On another note, I was flipping channels the other day and happened on a Winthrop game. Another guy who was here, DJBurns, plays for them. They’re undefeated and he’s a big reason why. I didn’t recognize him. He looks like he weighs 300 lbs. I remember at UT they said he couldn’t get in shape. The part I watched, he played great but only in about 2 minute spurts, then would have to come out. He didn’t get bullied in the paint like what we have now, though.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
On another note, I was flipping channels the other day and happened on a Winthrop game. Another guy who was here, DJBurns, plays for them. They’re undefeated and he’s a big reason why. I didn’t recognize him. He looks like he weighs 300 lbs. I remember at UT they said he couldn’t get in shape. The part I watched, he played great but only in about 2 minute spurts, then would have to come out. He didn’t get bullied in the paint like what we have now, though.
Lost a ton of weight, got in great shape and them gained it all back and then some.

I live in Rock Hill home of Winthrop and attend a lot of Winthrop games. Burns now weighs 270. The game I think your referring to he was playing with some cold symptoms. Normally he plays much longer segments. He has been very physical on the court this year. BTW they lost first game last week.

I live in Rock Hill home of Winthrop and attend a lot of Winthrop games. Burns now weighs 270. The game I think your referring to he was playing with some cold symptoms. Normally he plays much longer segments. He has been very physical on the court this year. BTW they lost first game last week.
He only averages 14mpg, sounds like OP was pretty spot on about Burns only playing 2-3 minute spurts. It’s a shame cause if he could get in shape he could be something, dudes Per 40 is 24&8.

Reactions: PapaGeorgio
I don’t know why people think he’s gonna leave. I’m sure he trust Barnes and the plans for him in the future . He will be a big part of the team next year .

Reactions: Jack Burton
I don’t know why people think he’s gonna leave. I’m sure he trust Barnes and the plans for him in the future . He will be a big part of the team next year .
I'm sure he's peeved by not playing a second this year and watching his fellow freshman classmates start. At the very least, that would be quite discouraging. I hope he sticks around, but I certainly understand why he would be upset at his situation and want to leave.

Reactions: walkenvol
I'm sure he's peeved by not playing a second this year and watching his fellow freshman classmates start. At the very least, that would be quite discouraging. I hope he sticks around, but I certainly understand why he would be upset at his situation and want to leave.
Discouraging or motivating? Perspective is key in this case. Apparently the kid isn’t doing the things he needs to do in practice and in conditioning that he needs to do to see the floor. A kid with heart and determination will take that and use it as motivation. Admiral Schofield did. A kid who is soft and satisfied will use it as a crutch and be the victim, take his ball and go home. Not many kids that Barnes recruits fit the description of the latter. We will see how young Mr. Walker accepts the challenge to be better.

Discouraging or motivating? Perspective is key in this case. Apparently the kid isn’t doing the things he needs to do in practice and in conditioning that he needs to do to see the floor. A kid with heart and determination will take that and use it as motivation. Admiral Schofield did. A kid who is soft and satisfied will use it as a crutch and be the victim, take his ball and go home. Not many kids that Barnes recruits fit the description of the latter. We will see how young Mr. Walker accepts the challenge to be better.
Fair enough. We haven't seen a ton of kids that sit early transfer under Barnes.

Walker will get there. He's too talented to not emerge at some point in the next year or two.

It's time to see what this kid can do. I don't care how out of shape he is. We absolutely have no scoring options down low. Pons is playing out of position there and Fulky can't even catch the ball and when he does he can't hold on to it.

It's time to see what this kid can do. I don't care how out of shape he is. We absolutely have no scoring options down low. Pons is playing out of position there and Fulky can't even catch the ball and when he does he can't hold on to it.

There’s a pretty good chance that the coaching staff gets to see what the kid can do.

?
If anything this loss emphasized the lack of a great secondary ball handler to break a trap, what's Corey Walker gonna do about that?

?
If anything this loss emphasized the lack of a great secondary ball handler to break a trap, what's Corey Walker gonna do about that?
This loss emphasized a lot. That we simply are not a good team. Like. At all. And yes, our guards have been to blame for a lot. But we have no scoring options at all right now. Nothing consistent anyway, maybe outside of Pons. If this kid can play, start throwing him out there a few minutes a game and start getting him in to a little game shape. This is a free year anyway. Play him!

This loss emphasized a lot. That we simply are not a good team. Like. At all. And yes, our guards have been to blame for a lot. But we have no scoring options at all right now. Nothing consistent anyway, maybe outside of Pons. If this kid can play, start throwing him out there a few minutes a game and start getting him in to a little game shape. This is a free year anyway. Play him!
I agree that he should get minutes, but if he is so out of shape that Barnes doesnt even think he deserves to get in to blowouts, he's not going to be a savior or even a contributor, any minutes he receives will be for the benefit of his development purely

VN Store

Back