Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
VQ podcast notes.

They have no clue on the defensive hires. AP threw a theory out about Charles Kelley from Alabama. (I don't think there is anything to it, but I do think that it may be possible that UT is hiring a sitting DC who is going to wait until the prospects sign tomorrow before moving.)

Believes that Heupel swings with everything he's got at Ty Simpson, but calls Sam Horn either way and starts establishing a relationship there. AP noted David Johnson keeping the Memphis 3 as a possibility even when Pruitt wasn't actively pursuing them early on.

What self-imposed penalties will UT apply? Possible limited on unofficial visits when visits are allowed again or fewer coaches allowed out on the road.

The only way Henry T is back is if he shows up for spring football. He's doing all classes virtually now. Oregon, Bama, Georgia, and Texas were all mentioned as possibilities.

Discussed the Tee Martin scenario and Hubbs questions about the timing of the supposed offers to Martin and if the Chancellor knew or did not know. Martin firmly believes he was getting extended/opportunity. Price believes the problem lies with public perception. Price also believes that Tee Martin will likely be the head coach of Tennessee State within the next year. UT is trying to land the plane as softly as possible. Surely a resolution comes sooner rather than later. 24-48 hours it should be done. This could be what's affecting the staff hire/announcements.

Was the basketball team's performance on Saturday a blip, or a indicator of what is to come? Wait and see. Olivier and his playing time moving forward is in his hands.

Y’all I’m putting together DC grades, but I can’t do that nationally because finding lists of coordinators by school sucks.

Let me know who you want on the list and I’ll add them. So far I have:

Grantham
Steele
Arnett
White
Jones
Ansley
Chavis
Joseph Gillespie at Tulsa is a guy that I think is gonna blow up in a couple years. Not a lot of experience yet, but the last two years at Tulsa that defense has looked great and is putting guys in the league. I could see him getting the same hype Marcus Freeman has recently in a year or 2.

DM3_BRATT_CA_RD_03.jpg
EtOjTNWWgAMoroe
That was my look in the 90s..lol my hair was three or four inches longer the Minshews, but otherwise looked just like that..🤣

VQ podcast notes.

They have no clue on the defensive hires. AP threw a theory out about Charles Kelley from Alabama. (I don't think there is anything to it, but I do think that it may be possible that UT is hiring a sitting DC who is going to wait until the prospects sign tomorrow before moving.)

Believes that Heupel swings with everything he's got at Ty Simpson, but calls Sam Horn either way and starts establishing a relationship there. AP noted David Johnson keeping the Memphis 3 as a possibility even when Pruitt wasn't actively pursuing them early on.

What self-imposed penalties will UT apply? Possible limited on unofficial visits when visits are allowed again or fewer coaches allowed out on the road.

The only way Henry T is back is if he shows up for spring football. He's doing all classes virtually now. Oregon, Bama, Georgia, and Texas were all mentioned as possibilities.

Discussed the Tee Martin scenario and Hubbs questions about the timing of the supposed offers to Martin and if the Chancellor knew or did not know. Martin firmly believes he was getting extended/opportunity. Price believes the problem lies with public perception. Price also believes that Tee Martin will likely be the head coach of Tennessee State within the next year. UT is trying to land the plane as softly as possible. Surely a resolution comes sooner rather than later. 24-48 hours it should be done. This could be what's affecting the staff hire/announcements.

Was the basketball team's performance on Saturday a blip, or a indicator of what is to come? Wait and see. Olivier and his playing time moving forward is in his hands.
Wasn't Kelly here before with Butch? That'd be an underwhelming hire.

Thanks

Glad to see Iowa state doing it but it’s still a rare deal

Give me muschamp or steele
It's definitely not rare. But I know how these things go with you so not gonna keep wasting time debating you. Have fun being disappointed when we hire someone running a 335 instead of an old retread.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It's definitely not rare. But I know how these things go with you so not gonna keep wasting time debating you. Have fun being disappointed when we hire someone running a 335 instead of an old retread.

I’ve sent 4-5 schools mentioned and none in top programs running it. That’s rare to me but maybe not you

like I said if we get him I’ll be thinking he’s a trail blazer and will be the first running it at a top 15 program

I have a request from Volnation. A plea really. My youngest Granddaughter, just over a month old, has been diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect (Tetralogy of Fallot) and will have open heart surgery this week. Any prayers that you could send (or positive thoughts if you don't believe in prayer) would be greatly appreciated. Just know, I wouldn't ask anything for myself, ever. But, I'll ask anything of anyone for one of my family. Thank you in advance.

Prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back