Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like the way he talks compared to ole cone head. Didn’t say anything groundbreaking. Did say that all the players get a clean slate, not going to judge them ‘off what they did yesterday, only what they do today.’ Wants to keep things simple for the kids. Execute a few things really well, then let your playmakers go play and have fun. He’s refreshing to listen to. Seems pretty chill and relaxed, doesn’t mind the interviews, just seems like a good dude. Based off his year 1 at previous stops, I think the players will execute whatever they know really well. Whether that’s a little or a lot is TBD, but they’ll be prepared to play fast, loose, and put up points this fall.
Keeping it simple and fast for the players. Gonna be fun to watch.

He bought the "you're our next Kyle Pitts" spiel...trouble is..for onesies he ain't got Pitts hands, forv twosies he ain't got Kyle Trask throwing it to him.

Whatever...I guess I can understand the appeal to a kid like Arik, and until we have our own Pitts story to sell we will just have to make do.

SO..good luck kid, and for Pete's sake stay away from Mrs Skank Ho and her weirdo husband...if you don't you'll probably get something on you Comet can't scrub off..

Arnett would be awesome not cazy about steele
Agreed, think Arnett would be better long term. If bringing back Steele means keeping a few more defensive players, I think that would be a smarter option for now. Give him 2 or 3 years and then hire a young up and comer.

Wonder if we announce Arnett on Thursday? Waiting till after NSD perhaps
It makes a lot of sense for whoever it is to not want it announced til after NSD.
Which could also be an indication the dc won't be Steele cause he wouldn't have that issue. Pure speculation though so who knows. But if that is the reason it hasn't been announced and Steele is still there, maybe he's agreed to be a position coach. Or they're just taking their time because they wanna get it right and the chance to maybe add 3 players on signing day isn't a huge deal.

I think the timing has been as good as possible and hear me out why.

1) we pretty much have a complete 2021 class.

2) we have a large number of transfer still in class JH at least has a Chance to keep

let’s just look at Auburn and South Carolina. Neither one has anywhere close to a full recruiting class, they both had huge departures and their staffs didn’t come together as planned either.

Truth is neither got an advantage by having “better timing” with their fires
Both Auburn and South Carolina were struggling with recruiting before their coaches ever got fired, so it wasn't the firings that hurt their recruiting.

W/L is not a post-mortem performance indicator in this case b/c CJH hasn't even f***ing coached a game yet. We are just starting this project. I think you may have meant pre-mortem. Either way, you continue to impress the whole board with your bigly intellectual BADM terms of art.

I hesitate to address the fact that you're "happy to compare resumes in AI" but that is such an absurd and childish thing to bring up, I can't help myself. Resumes in general mean **** all, especially when you are talking about AI, which is peripherally relevant at best to what we are discussing but not relevant at all concerning the coaching search. I'm sure you could talk circles around me in respect to business analytics, AI, and data science.

I'd be glad, however, to discuss our relative competency in athletics admin and coaching searches. Ya see, before I went into private practice, I was an Associate AD and a few years later, counsel to UT athletics.

Do and say less. Get off this board. No one likes you b/c all you bring are sanctimonious riddles that try to show off how much you know and money you have while trying to convince us Gruden is coming by talking about golf courses, Grove Park, and the Haslam's property @ Blackberry Farm.

Biggest tool on this board and, if you had not have denounced your fandom, perhaps our entire fanbase. I'm glad you are no longer one of us. Go root for Bama ya jagoff.
AbleCriminalApe-max-1mb.gif

1. I meant post mortem as the events have already occurred in terms of Heupel record and trend at UCF. This is a common phrase to describe that situation.
2. You claimed I didn’t know what I was talking about in terms of analysis and am only capable of talking in concepts because I went to Sloan. It is clear you have no clue what you are talking about and I called your bluff. I’ll still want that $100 bet that I am more accomplished than you in professionally and it will be easy to judge with a 3rd party. Either put up or shut up.
3. Your unmerited smugness makes sense now. Your probably a C grade attorney that tells people you are making big deals in NYC when in fact you are selling $500 rapid divorce packages on discount by the street corner. Also, if you actually were the counsel for UT athletics then the dumbass decisions we made over the past 16 years makes sense to me now. I knew we hired a lot of JV thinkers, seems you were in that cohort.

1) 28-8. I acknowledge that the trend going from 12 wins to 6 wins in 3 yrs is concerning, but it's more nuanced than your angle (some highly operative factors you discount are Margin of loss, way-above-average COVID opt outs, and 3rd string QB, obviously among others, whether identifiable or intangible).
2) You are a child.
3) The UT Athletic Department has around 15attorneys working for it at any given time on a number of issues, most of them on retainer. My job was brief and had nothing to do with anything besides student-athlete academics.

4) Ignor'd

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back