Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest problem with this whole mess has always been timing. Felt like we waited too long to fire Pruitt. Now I feel like we're taking too long to pull together a staff. The build up to NSD is important. Not just for recruiting HS players, but transfers as well. I feel like we really dropped the ball on that, and it's mostly on Boyd and Plowman for waiting so long to take action. They effectively knee-capped us. The investigation, the leak, the timing...they sabotaged us. Pruitt should have been fired for cause right after the season ended. If they had take action then, I can't help but feel we would probably be in better shape now.

Reactions: TennacJed
1. I meant post mortem as the events have already occurred in terms of Heupel record and trend at UCF. This is a common phrase to describe that situation.
2. You claimed I didn’t know what I was talking about in terms of analysis and am only capable of talking in concepts because I went to Sloan. It is clear you have no clue what you are talking about and I called your bluff. I’ll still want that $100 bet that I am more accomplished than you in professionally and it will be easy to judge with a 3rd party. Either put up or shut up.
3. Your unmerited smugness makes sense now. Your probably a C grade attorney that tells people you are making big deals in NYC when in fact you are selling $500 rapid divorce packages on discount by the street corner. Also, if you actually were the counsel for UT athletics then the dumbass decisions we made over the past 16 years makes sense to me now. I knew we hired a lot of JV thinkers, seems you were in that cohort.
And you can go back to the football forum anytime. No need for insults internet tough guy.

Went to Brevard in the mid 90’s, was told then how hard it was to get a good job in Asheville. Same thing when I went to App St. for a minute. That’s the norm in Asheville. You’re right people don’t leave and Floridians buy up everything.
My sister is an ER DNP, and has been there for 15 years. Says the same thing.

Reactions: 74volz
Which way is better for UT?

1. Announce all the assistant hires at once.
2. Announce 1 at a time spread out over a number of days.
Better to announce all at once, these aren't rock stars, all we need are solid guys too give us stability.

The house can't be rebuilt until there is a solid footing, that takes time.

1. I meant post mortem as the events have already occurred in terms of Heupel record and trend at UCF. This is a common phrase to describe that situation.
2. You claimed I didn’t know what I was talking about in terms of analysis and am only capable of talking in concepts because I went to Sloan. It is clear you have no clue what you are talking about and I called your bluff. I’ll still want that $100 bet that I am more accomplished than you in professionally and it will be easy to judge with a 3rd party. Either put up or shut up.
3. Your unmerited smugness makes sense now. Your probably a C grade attorney that tells people you are making big deals in NYC when in fact you are selling $500 rapid divorce packages on discount by the street corner. Also, if you actually were the counsel for UT athletics then the dumbass decisions we made over the past 16 years makes sense to me now. I knew we hired a lot of JV thinkers, seems you were in that cohort.
*you're

87E87C79-D5D6-4544-83B7-427099792D7B.jpeg

I wouldn't go that far, he's still a starter in the NFL, but I do agree that if JH hadn't gotten those 2 years with Drew to develop him then he probably isn't drafted as high and may not have elevated his stock to be a starter.

Still, when you really breakdown his numbers he's not an elite QB talent. Can Bailey, or Salter be elite QB talent? Jury is still out...but it'll be damn fun to see what JH can do with them
When I said he was worse after Heupel left, I didn't mean that he was worse than his first year...I worded that wrong, I should have said "regressed".

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
That’s the problem i have with Steele and tee Fulmer guys afraid they will sabotage us, if hired they better watch like a hawk

They're professional coaches who played at UT and have their reputations on the line. Trying to sabotage a team would impact their future opportunities and the idea is frankly absurd.

Coach Hype say anything good?
Really like the way he talks compared to ole cone head. Didn’t say anything groundbreaking. Did say that all the players get a clean slate, not going to judge them ‘off what they did yesterday, only what they do today.’ Wants to keep things simple for the kids. Execute a few things really well, then let your playmakers go play and have fun. He’s refreshing to listen to. Seems pretty chill and relaxed, doesn’t mind the interviews, just seems like a good dude. Based off his year 1 at previous stops, I think the players will execute whatever they know really well. Whether that’s a little or a lot is TBD, but they’ll be prepared to play fast, loose, and put up points this fall.

My biggest problem with this whole mess has always been timing. Felt like we waited too long to fire Pruitt. Now I feel like we're taking too long to pull together a staff. The build up to NSD is important. Not just for recruiting HS players, but transfers as well. I feel like we really dropped the ball on that, and it's mostly on Boyd and Plowman for waiting so long to take action. They effectively knee-capped us. The investigation, the leak, the timing...they sabotaged us. Pruitt should have been fired for cause right after the season ended. If they had take action then, I can't help but feel we would probably be in better shape now.

I think the timing has been as good as possible and hear me out why.

1) we pretty much have a complete 2021 class.

2) we have a large number of transfer still in class JH at least has a Chance to keep

let’s just look at Auburn and South Carolina. Neither one has anywhere close to a full recruiting class, they both had huge departures and their staffs didn’t come together as planned either.

Truth is neither got an advantage by having “better timing” with their fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back