Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the defensive staff was the only issue. Thought Heupel was bringing the entire offensive staff from UCF.

Well.. there is ONE coach listed on UT sports dot com. That's Heupel. Danny really taking this leak stuff over the top. Bro it's coaches.. we need them to recruit and start building relationships with players. C'mon man

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Single variable metric lacks significant input from variable data??? W/L is a post Mortem observational KPI, not an output that I am trying to predict (which is the only thing that would make variable input data relevant).
On COVID, control for what their competition had to deal with on COVID, highly doubt UCF was the only one “impacted”. I am writing in concepts because I am typing on my phone. You sound like a Stats 201 TA that has never built anything material in AI trying to throw darts at people who are where you wish to be. Happy to compare resumes in AI if you so choose, $100 says mine is better.

W/L is not a post-mortem performance indicator in this case b/c CJH hasn't even f***ing coached a game yet. We are just starting this project. I think you may have meant pre-mortem. Either way, you continue to impress the whole board with your bigly intellectual BADM terms of art.

I hesitate to address the fact that you're "happy to compare resumes in AI" but that is such an absurd and childish thing to bring up, I can't help myself. Resumes in general mean **** all, especially when you are talking about AI, which is peripherally relevant at best to what we are discussing but not relevant at all concerning the coaching search. I'm sure you could talk circles around me in respect to business analytics, AI, and data science.

I'd be glad, however, to discuss our relative competency in athletics admin and coaching searches. Ya see, before I went into private practice, I was an Associate AD and a few years later, counsel to UT athletics.

Do and say less. Get off this board. No one likes you b/c all you bring are sanctimonious riddles that try to show off how much you know and money you have while trying to convince us Gruden is coming by talking about golf courses, Grove Park, and the Haslam's property @ Blackberry Farm.

Biggest tool on this board and, if you had not have denounced your fandom, perhaps our entire fanbase. I'm glad you are no longer one of us. Go root for Bama ya jagoff.

Just got back from going out for food. Callahan was on the radio. He doesn't think Big Kat ends up here. Said Roc Taylor is looking at other teams and not sure he signs with us. Not sure we sign anyone on Wednesday. Thinks Brooks wants out of his NLI to go to Auburn, and Cody Brown wants out because he doesn't see a fit in JH's system. Doubts we get many, if any, transfers this season due to lack of relationships. Dude paints a bleak picture. The only positive thing he said, going forward, he believes JH will do okay recruiting. Said if Butch can do it, JH can.
Good
The worse they make it seem the better the crow will taste
GoVols!!!!!

Media really knows nothing right now. We may pull 3 good recruits on Wednesday. We may have several staff already at work. I guarantee they have connections. Staff can work, even if not announced to public. Elarbee is a good coach and recruiter. He is key on offensive side.
We may, but I doubt it. I think the perceive gut punches will continue until we show something on the field next season.

Reactions: Fun coupon VOL
W/L is not a post-mortem performance indicator in this case b/c CJH hasn't even f***ing coached a game yet. We are just starting this project. I think you may have meant pre-mortem. Either way, you continue to impress the whole board with your bigly intellectual BADM terms of art.

I hesitate to address the fact that you're "happy to compare resumes in AI" but that is such an absurd and childish thing to bring up, I can't help myself. Resumes in general mean **** all, especially when you are talking about AI, which is peripherally relevant at best to what we are discussing but not relevant at all concerning the coaching search. I'm sure you could talk circles around me in respect to business analytics, AI, and data science.

I'd be glad, however, to discuss our relative competency in athletics admin and coaching searches. Ya see, before I went into private practice, I was an Associate AD and a few years later, counsel to UT athletics.

Do and say less. Get off this board. No one likes you b/c all you bring are sanctimonious riddles that try to show off how much you know and money you have while trying to convince us Gruden is coming by talking about golf courses, Grove Park, and the Haslam's property @ Blackberry Farm.

Biggest tool on this board and, if you had not have denounced your fandom, perhaps our entire fanbase. I'm glad you are no longer one of us. Go root for Bama ya jagoff.
1612227798937.gif

Just got back from going out for food. Callahan was on the radio. He doesn't think Big Kat ends up here. Said Roc Taylor is looking at other teams and not sure he signs with us. Not sure we sign anyone on Wednesday. Thinks Brooks wants out of his NLI to go to Auburn, and Cody Brown wants out because he doesn't see a fit in JH's system. Doubts we get many, if any, transfers this season due to lack of relationships. Dude paints a bleak picture. The only positive thing he said, going forward, he believes JH will do okay recruiting. Said if Butch can do it, JH can.
I think that’s a pretty solid take on things.

Good
The worse they make it seem the better the crow will taste
GoVols!!!!!
And that's the thing, right now we are still the joke of college football. Until we show different. I promise you, JH does not strike fear in our opponents. They are laughing at us for the NCAA violations, the mass exodus of players, for getting our hopes up of landing a high profile coach.....We are considered a joke. Hell, we don't even know what kind of staff we're going to have. And current recruits have no real relationship with JH. Simpson's announce date doesn't bode well for us either.

The only way to change perception is on the field, IMO. We have so much that other schools can use to negative recruit us atm. But you can't negative recruit winning.

985545BF-04B8-44FB-877D-D8DE3A097023.gif

And that's the thing, right now we are still the joke of college football. Until we show different. I promise you, JH does not strike fear in our opponents. They are laughing at us for the NCAA violations, the mass exodus of players, for getting our hopes up of landing a high profile coach.....We are considered a joke. Hell, we don't even know what kind of staff we're going to have. And current recruits have no real relationship with JH. Simpson's announce date doesn't bode well for us either.

The only way to change perception is on the field, IMO. We have so much that other schools can use to negative recruit us atm. But you can't negative recruit winning.
All the more reason to rally around the underdog heupel

1612228268923.gif

I don't like not having any clue what our coaching staff is gonna look like. There's a time for secrecy, and there's a time you let information flow. If DW is gonna lockdown every iota of information, he's going to lose his popularity pretty fast.

I thought the defensive staff was the only issue. Thought Heupel was bringing the entire offensive staff from UCF.

Well.. there is ONE coach listed on UT sports dot com. That's Heupel. Danny really taking this leak stuff over the top. Bro it's coaches.. we need them to recruit and start building relationships with players. C'mon man
Just because they are not listed does not mean they are not hired.

They have coaches in place. Think they are waiting to officially announce everyone.

I like this guy.

How do you know they aren’t recruiting? We don’t have to know every little detail.

Guards are fine but not a single left tackle on the roster. Hope we can scrounge up something out of the portal.

We didn't have one real LT when we had multiple LT's. Give a couple of the former HS LT's a shot at it like Cade Mays. He will be in much better condition it appears. FWIW incoming freshman Jmarion Gooch is a prototypical LT.

03C602E9-CCB1-40EE-80CE-354132C50B9A.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back