Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a prescription for generic Prilosec...Omeprazole. Life changer.
Prilosec is better than Tums and the like because it reduces the production of digestive juices instead of neutralizing all of it, but I still think it is better to let nature take it's course.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankHill
There are many different parts to CA, and the Bay Area, LA, OC and SD are not at all the same. People who don't like CA don't live there, and people who love it don't want to live anywhere else. TEHO.
I lived in CA briefly. Beautiful state and nice people (as does most places). But that's the only nice thing I can say about CA. And apparently a lot of people agree with me since literally hundreds of thousands of people are moving out.

I know what they were ranked in 2017, and I know how they got there and how hollow it was.

72 points vs. Missouri State, 34 points vs. Kentucky in a loss, 28 points vs. Georgia in a loss, 68 points vs. Idaho, 52 points vs. UCONN, 45 points vs. Florida (good showing here, but that team had quit on McElwain at this point.), 50 points vs. Tennessee (same thing for Butch Jones), 45 vs. Vanderbilt, 48 vs. Arkansas, 16 vs. Texas in the bowl.

Again, we are absolutely going to score points. Debating that would be silly. I just don't think this offense is built to score on teams that have similar talent or a talent advantage. We will feast on bad teams, no-show against good teams. And on the talent side, we've already lost basically an entire signing class to the portal, have a notoriously average recruiter as HC (and staff as it is currently constructed), and we will very likely have scholarship reductions for the next two to three years.

The more I read, I just don't know why we went in this direction. We needed someone who can do more with less because we were always going to have a lean couple of years.
That bc you only pay attention to the stats that prove your point.... let take a deeper dive.... here is ppg in sec games from 2015 compared to 2016 when heupel took over.....

2015. 2016
13. 27
24. 7
3 14
6. 21
3. 21
13. 26
8. 37
3. 28
73 tot. 181 tot

He improved them by 108 points in one season with pretty much the same talent.

I said the other day that JH squeezed every possible drop he could out of Drew Locke. He was crap before Heupel and worse after him.

I wouldn't go that far, he's still a starter in the NFL, but I do agree that if JH hadn't gotten those 2 years with Drew to develop him then he probably isn't drafted as high and may not have elevated his stock to be a starter.

Still, when you really breakdown his numbers he's not an elite QB talent. Can Bailey, or Salter be elite QB talent? Jury is still out...but it'll be damn fun to see what JH can do with them

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back