Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing but respect. đź‘Ť

But I’m approaching from the opposite direction. Full on apathy has hit and it is what it is. I’m out on CJH until he shows he CAN get the job done. I’m done blindly supporting $4m/yr MAC type coaches. They haven’t worked out in the past and I will need to see it before I believe otherwise. 6-6 incoming with losses to the big three with no sign of being even remotely closer and that is the best case scenario. Anything more than that and I will get a faint glimmer of hope.

I have learned over the years that it through the hard times that people need encouragement and support not apathy. Apathy is a lot easier to do. It doesn't take any energy at all. Just sit back and wait and see if they measure up to what I am expecting and then I'll jump on board. Having been a Pastor you get a lot of those types in your congregation who sit on the sidelines full of apathy until things really get moving and growing and exciting then they jump in. lol Then they start saying wow look at us. Well where were they when we went through the hard times? Coach Heupel needs our support now. So we all make a decision don't invest ourselves in our team and jump on when they finally look good or jump in now. Well what happens if he fails? I know have have let people down over the years of my ministries but I sure appreciated those who stuck by me. Apathy kills the atmosphere in a Church just like it can with a football team. My dad use to always say, "son, get in or get out or get run over" GBO !! JMO

The hire alone. He hired a coach that has overseen a significant decline of a program he took over that happens to be far easier than the SEC. 6-4 year 3 after taking over a 12-0. That is material and the data doesn’t look good. Sure, he has fun offense but clearly he isn’t outperforming his competition.

Bro....stop.

He out recruited Scott Frost at UCF. His lowest recruiting class ranking was higher than Scott Frost's highest.

He was 12 points away from and undefeated regular season at UCF. We, on the other hand, were only 138 points away from an undefeated regular season.

Coach Heupel with a defense is going to be awesome. When he was the offensive coordinator at Missouri (ya know, that team in the SEC) his offense lead the conference. You do realize that they crushed us 50-17 that year right?

And oh yeah...they beat Florida 45-16 that year too.

This is the best hire that Tennessee Football has made in years.

Stop complaining about it and get on board.

GBO

This is accurate but if the coaching staff can actually develop top 15-25 talent, the team will become competitive enough to attract better talent. It’s cyclical.

To me this staff is going to have to take the Rick Barnes approach. Hopefully with the players on the roster (still some nice talent) and the easy schedule they can make a splash and win 7 games this fall. That will help them salvage a pretty good 2022 class.

To me this staff is going to have to take the Rick Barnes approach. Hopefully with the players on the roster (still some nice talent) and the easy schedule they can make a splash and win 7 games this fall. That will help them salvage a pretty good 2022 class.
I think SEC basketball and SEC football are two totally different beasts, and Rick Barnes has 100x the track record of development that JH has.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I think SEC basketball and SEC football are two totally different beasts, and Rick Barnes has 100x the track record of development that JH has.

True words. Although I think Ericvol2096 is right somewhat, I feel like JH is going to focus on developing the talent they have and creating better chemistry in the locker room. I expect he'll recruit based on fit/chemistry more than just stars. Ultimately his success will be tied to how well his system works and he can develop more than recruiting imo.

I don’t get all your hate on the hire. And the need for VFLs on staff. You were willing to let Tee be head coach and get behind it, but JH has a way better resume and has proven to be a successful head coach so far.

Bro....stop.

He out recruited Scott Frost at UCF. His lowest recruiting class ranking was higher than Scott Frost's highest.

He was 12 points away from and undefeated regular season at UCF. We, on the other hand, were only 138 points away from an undefeated regular season.

Coach Heupel with a defense is going to be awesome. When he was the offensive coordinator at Missouri (ya know, that team in the SEC) his offense lead the conference. You do realize that they crushed us 50-17 that year right?

And oh yeah...they beat Florida 45-16 that year too.

This is the best hire that Tennessee Football has made in years.

Stop complaining about it and get on board.

GBO
Go take a look at UCF forums, they are very excited that we took Heupel off their hands. That tells you everything you need to know.

Basilio Blog this morning from his “insider” guest columnist Orange Throat. Can any of our insiders confirm this dynamic on hiring Steele?

Insiders think Heupel would love to have Steele as his DC but White is stalling it. White and Auburn AD Greene are tight and Greene stopped Steele from getting the HC job there. UT would have to pay Auburn a reasonable amount for Steele to be DC but nowhere near the ridiculous $2.6 million per year.

The Tony Basilio Show

Hopefully Steele is the guy JH wants and this is just a negotiation with Auburn as to what his reasonable compensation as DC is to offset what Auburn is paying him.

So if TB is correct Steel is going to be the Dc. White and auburn are just working out the details

this is great news

You understood what he was getting at though, right? He didn’t compare him to Rick Barnes, just said they would need to take the Rick Barnes approach. That would be, taking what they have and what they can get, developing it and competing; then pulling in the bigger name recruits. Timeline just has to be accelerated in football.

Go take a look at UCF forums, they are very excited that we took Heupel off their hands. That tells you everything you need to know.
Lol! Fans here were glad when Debord left. He was good. Saban leaves Bama, and some fans will say they can do better. UGA fired Richt and most fans were happy when he won a lot of games. Fans are crazy. He was 28-8. 28-8.

Give me a 3 year range when we have had “elite recruiting”. It virtually never happens here. We will be somewhere around 15 in year 1 and if we have a good/fun year we will be around 10 the next. Time is a flat circle.
That's because we haven't been winning. If we were winning, we could recruit top 5 every year.

I don’t get all your hate on the hire. And the need for VFLs on staff. You were willing to let Tee be head coach and get behind it, but JH has a way better resume and has proven to be a successful head coach so far.
After talking with some folks about how this offense will run, I just plainly don’t think we’re going to have success in the SEC. Doesn’t meant I’m not rooting to be wrong.

I hated the hire, got on board because that’s what fans do, then did some actual research. I don’t see how this path forward ends well.

Reactions: 74volz
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back