Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
28-8 is better than any coach we've hired during the modern era. You can't simply ignore that. How many other coaches with a near 80% win percentage and high powered offenses were interested in this job?

Not every team missed most of fall camp and had 10 opt outs on their teams so Covid didn't effect all teams equally.

I am cautiously optimistic but more than anything I am going to wait and see before making a decision about whether he can succeed here. If you've already made up your mind about Heupel before he's even coached a season here, then you're not giving him a fair shake. No one here believes you can predict the future so you should wait and see with the rest of us.
You are entitled to your opinion as am I. I know many accomplished UT grads that are going to start following a different program. Why am I still posting? Probably because I haven’t made it to acceptance yet in the stages of grief.

I mean yeah... going from OU to Utah State was a completely different situation.

Of course going from Utah State to Mizzou was also completely different.

Then again, going from Mizzou to UCF was completely different.

But I suppose UCF to Tennessee is even more completely different and not reasonable to expect him to be at least around his worst ppg output?

My main thing was this will be his first head coaching job.

My favorite play I saw him run was when the QB faked a hand off into the qb run but instead of running he lured the de and lb up...... the tightend slipped right behind them.... the qb kind of push passed it over the defense...... I saw it used twice with both times it gaining around 12 yards.

Yes that’s a staple especially in the red zone. Rpo Peak TE pop is the technical term some people. If the LB covering up the TE sinks down on the play action he can fake a block and leakbout behind him. SF does this a lot with Kittle.

You are entitled to your opinion as am I. I know many accomplished UT grads that are going to start following a different program. Why am I still posting? Probably because I haven’t made it to acceptance yet in the stages of grief.
Luckily, I don't know any UT grads who are turncoats. All my homies are VFLs.

I for one am glad to see you and the other snowflakes go. We don’t need fans like them or losers like you. So....

1612137008754.gif

UCF fans aren’t lying about Heupel’s offense. He really does run primarily 4 plays. He runs up the middle, throws a bubble screen, throws a comeback route, and throws a bomb. One of those plays nearly every snap. The occasional slant. But that’s about it.
I actually heard Mike Leach admit to that in an interview. He only really runs a handful of plays but they just execute them very well.

Need to separate the troll chaffe from time to time. Safe journeys...and by safe I mean collapsed bridges with no signs. 😎

I grew up on a farm and one thing I learned is that if you keep feeding a stray dog or stray cat they will keep coming back until you stop feeding them. See any similarities here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back