Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know it won't happen, but at the same time I'd love if our AD was just straight-up honest with the search when asked.

"Oh we spoke to quite a few coaches, including XYZ. We started talking money with -BIG FISH- and couldn't get on the same page, so we moved our focus to our next target XYZ. Keep in mind that all of the targets were given similar interviews and vetting, so at no point were we only focused on one candidate."

“Chris Weinke and Jim Chaney have been relieved of their duties. Joe Osovet continues to be a part of the staff as of now.”

- AP

Live look at @Bassmaster_Vol:

582ee5a90c50edb5b5419a36fa580740.gif

Yeah, im glad we didn't do that

If Franklin had wanted the job and had been our go-to, they would have negotiated to terms. There are many ways to structure a deal to give people what they want when they're in a negotiable range. Neither party shuts the door on a deal they really want to make when they're near the ballpark.

If Franklin had wanted the job and had been our go-to, they would have negotiated to terms. There are many ways to structure a deal to give people what they want when they're in a negotiable range. Neither party shuts the door on a deal they really want to make when they're near the ballpark.

Yeah, did you hear of anything about PJ Fleck during the search? He was a name I thought would be in negotiable range...but not sure if we really went after him.

Reactions: LA Vol
Basilio saying that Franklin was asking for a 9 year contract at $10 million per year.

Not directed at you, but tell TB I don't care. He isn't our HC - thankfully. Dodged another bullet IMO.

I am only sorry they asked him to be. Which threw me a curveball on the quality of our new AD. But I get it now thanks to LAVol. Plowman wanted diversity. Apparently without regard to the additional polarization of the fan base it would have caused. Dodged a bullet. I'm still counting on Boyd and Compton to guide Danny White.

People are saying Heupel’s style of offense hurts the defense because of the amount of time the defense is on the field. While this may be true, our offense was so bad last year that the defense was on the field far more than they should have been. This won’t be anything new for our defense, we’ll just have more points this time.
Good point

Not directed at you, but tell TB I don't care. He isn't our HC - thankfully. Dodged another bullet IMO.

I am only sorry they asked him to be. Which threw me a curveball on the quality of our new AD. But I get it now thanks to LAVol. Plowman wanted diversity. Apparently without regard to the additional polarization of the fan base it would have caused. Dodged a bullet. I'm still counting on Boyd and Compton to guide Danny White.
He was saying it in response to an African-American caller who was upset that we didn't hire an AA coach. Tony got the caller to admit that Franklin wasn't worth that much.

I think you've opined enough about your disagreement with how the investigation and firing was handled, and need to let it go so we can all move forward and get excited about our new coach. Sincerely...

OK, you've expressed your opinion. Here's mine: Worry about what you need and others can do the same. Oh, and the ignore button is a great tool. It takes less time to use it than to tell others what they "need" to do.

People are saying Heupel’s style of offense hurts the defense because of the amount of time the defense is on the field. While this may be true, our offense was so bad last year that the defense was on the field far more than they should have been. This won’t be anything new for our defense, we’ll just have more points this time.
Average time of possession last year for UCF was 27:30 per game. Our average time of possession last year was 27:57.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back