Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious that you disagree with the path she chose, but is it really necessary that we constantly caricaturize UT's leadership? That's a major part of why our fan base is considered so toxic. We polarize every person or situation as fully good or fully bad and the beat it to death. It's unhealthy. Franklin is a grand slam whale, but Heupel is just a bro hire and destined to failure. Really? Nothing is ever as good or bad as we paint it. Ever. And the sooner we collectively dial back the gain on our responses, the better off we will be. Zero chance of that though. LotM Forever!
Well said and wish I could give it more likes.

This is one of many reasons why Tennessee will continue to fail because it keeps employing unqualified coaches just because they played here. We're already handcuffing JH so what's the point anymore

I don’t think the former Vols we’ve hired have been unqualified. I do believe the long tenured relationships they have with the UTK community can sometimes be problematic as it dilutes loyalty and creates opportunity for manipulation.

scrolling thru the last 15 ish pages......this stupid song popped in to my head.....wonder why?
tumblr_m5h3fvIFNx1rvzd39o1_500.gif

So... out of all the whining, bitching and tantrum-throwing on here, you single out ME to chastise? Over one issue with which you apparently disagree? I have no problem with you disagreeing with me. But next time you want to preach to the masses, why not direct it to the readership at large? And if you want to rewrite the First Amendment, take it up with your congressman or congresswoman. Good luck with that.

...and I'll further point out that I said 'you' only once in my post, and 'we' every other time. That was by intent.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I believe almost everything AV stated was wrong. You don’t stop with Franklin if he declines. There were several more candidates that were worth FU money offers. Bringing in his own coach is an extremely bad look and is going to taint Whites reputation. White is not impressive at all during this coaching search. It has made us even a larger laughingstock today then we were the day before Pruitt was fired.

I’m not seeing this “laughing stock” you reference. National media have by and large acknowledged Heupel is a solid hire considering the NCAA circumstances.

I’m hoping that Heupel doesn’t follow the paranoia that’s come from other coaches and actually allow more access to the players so we can see more stuff like the videos they’ve out out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back