Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason people think that Heupel needs a mobile QB. He doesn’t. Locke wasn’t mobile. In watching this game, Gabriel hasn’t ran once. He can run, but hasn’t. Seems to be more important that the QB is accurate. Accuracy is primary. And Bailey is accurate.
Another benefit to this hire. Was getting stale with the “Chaney wants a QB who makes plays with his legs.” It’s a nice bonus but Mahomes is great because he gets the ball to Hill and his other high powered weapons. THOSE are your SB winners and we saw what type fared pretty well with Bama this season.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if he comes to Tennessee he will not play tackle at 6'4" 265lbs. He will either go to the DL, become a TE, or bulk up before he ever sees the field.

We have no idea what the staff's plans are for a player.
Hopefully he pulls it off. Butch didn't.

Reactions: windrider
For some reason people think that Heupel needs a mobile QB. He doesn’t. Locke wasn’t mobile. In watching this game, Gabriel hasn’t ran once. He can run, but hasn’t. Seems to be more important that the QB is accurate. Accuracy is primary. And Bailey is accurate.
Accuracy, quick release, and great decision making

Another benefit to this hire. Was getting stale with the “Chaney wants a QB who makes plays with his legs.” It’s a nice bonus but Mahomes is great because he gets the ball to Hill and his other high powered weapons. THOSE are your SB winners and we saw what type fared pretty well with Bama this season.
We absolutely need elite WRs

Skipped around at work today. What happened with Steele? Swain also upset that Tee didn't get an interview? Saw D1 say it should have been a courtesy. Why? And D1 is angry and posting? So we still have Phil's side causing division? Will it never end?
De1 thinks he is more important than he is. I know what he does, but he sounds like nothing but a bitching child who didnt get to watch late night cartoons.

Who's run heavy right now really? At least in a traditional sense.

UGA? Everyone else uses various spread and rpo concepts to get guys in space..

I think you definitely need a really solid 3 down linemen... But with the way teams put players in space, you need to cover ground in a hurry and close gaps.

Outside a couple teams like bama, aTm and UGA that will give anyone matchup problems with thier RBS size/speed... Be fast, and be great tacklers...

Nickel formations are so common theses days; I think the days of declaring 43, 34 etc are numbered...

But yeah depending on personnel, there's a handful of teams that will be matchup problems.. But those are usually the teams that are problems for everyone they play..Jmo
UK too.

Guess we'll see what uscjr does. Know nothing about Beamer.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I don't think we can assume these are the kind of OL they will regularly recruit. 77% of recruits signed in the early signing period. Sometimes you just gotta take what you can get this late in the game.
Colby Smith, the OT that was previously committed to us, is still out there. He's 6'7" 315 lbs.

Accuracy, quick release, and great decision making
Also moxie. Heupel said he needs a QB who has “it,” who is a winner. Have to have confidence. I stand by what I said, Gabriel isn’t that talented, arm is pretty weak imo, but he is accurate and has moxie for days

It is pretty fascinating. Historical IYAM. Is there any legal recourse against the Reddit users? I assume the hedgefunds purchases are just as public and transparent as their own?
Well that's what has Wall Street kinda freaked out... There's all this talk about needing regulation for this, but it's a huge double edged sword for them... It's the equivalent of UGA looking at us and our investigation issues and wanting us to get nailed, but at the same time being very careful not to cry too much foul... Don't want anyone to start looking over here... Please just stay over there with those evil, cheating, volunteers ...Lol

List at 6'4" 265lbs

Yay, an undersized OT. Sorry, I just remember another former coach who liked undersized OL.

To be fair, the NFL is littered with tackles that started out undersized. At tackle, it’s more about footwork and reach. Lane Johnson has been one of the best in the NFL, and he was a QB in high school. There are other stories that are somewhat similar.

Skipped around at work today. What happened with Steele? Swain also upset that Tee didn't get an interview? Saw D1 say it should have been a courtesy. Why? And D1 is angry and posting? So we still have Phil's side causing division? Will it never end?

I'm not sure why people think Tee should have been given a courtesy interview. From my perspective, a courtesy interview is more insulting than no interview at all. Why waste my time and yours by interviewing me when we both know you're not going to hire me no matter what I say?

The only guy that may be a tad bit worried is Hooker.

He grad transferred, ideally he was looking for a shot to play and give himself a chance to get drafted. Heupel could absolutely help him with that...BUT he has some studs to beat out for the starting job. It'll be an interesting off-season, I legit think it's going to be everyone starting on the same level and whoever earns the job will be starting.

I honestly don't know who wins the job. HB has a year of D1 practice under his belt and is the highest rated outta HS...but will he be able to learn the offense and impress in camp?

there are definitely some opportunists who reach for power bc they see so many others with their hands in the cookie jar.
The couple guys I know, steer clear of it.
As football program, yiu have to the all welcome your football alums in the facility with open arms...

BUT
They should not be wielding any power within the program.

^ 100%

Reactions: SmokinBob
To be fair, the NFL is littered with tackles that started out undersized. At tackle, it’s more about footwork and reach. Lane Johnson has been one of the best in the NFL, and he was a QB in high school. There are other stories that are somewhat similar.
I'm sure, but when I think of our own experience with undersized linemen, it brings back memories of Butch. Tatum wasn't a horrible player, but never quite made his mark. And then of course there was Niehaus. Undersized has not worked out FOR US in the past. That's what scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back