Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take: JH takes the Barnes approach. He establishes a culture with lower ranked guys with chips on their shoulders. Higher ranked kids will follow when they see the results.

Pruitt tried to buy his way to the top. Kids who choose schools based off $ aren't the kids we want in our program.

I like the sentiment, but even some of JH's kids will be accepting money when they come here.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sleegro
In all fairness he does know his s**t it’s just he values his relationship with tee and feels like he should have gotten atleast a look and for that I respect him and he will get no bickering from me because that is his friend.

It was said that Tee leaked the investigation to the media. That alone should be enough to send him on down the road. It seems that everyone on the staff couldn't stand each other so a clean slate is probably best for everyone involved.

My buddy is a huge Miss State fan and he says we wont pony up to pay Arnetts buyout bc its pretty high. Im like dude we just lit $900K on fire for 3 weeks worth of work from K. Steele. If we really want him we will get him.
Found this. It is pretty high for a coordinator but like you said...

While no immediate details were made public, the first-year defensive coordinator's contract situation has made any potential departure from Starkville slightly more complicated. Arnett received a three-year extension in December worth north of $1 million annually that raised his buyout from roughly $450,000 for another Southeastern Conference job to $1.7 million according to a source. The extension is also expected to pay Arnett $1.1 million annually by the end of the deal.

Zach Arnett no longer in the mix for LSU defensive coordinator job after initial interest Tuesday

My buddy is a huge Miss State fan and he says we wont pony up to pay Arnetts buyout bc its pretty high. Im like dude we just lit $900K on fire for 3 weeks worth of work from K. Steele. If we really want him we will get him.
silver linings!!!

In all fairness he does know his s**t it’s just he values his relationship with tee and feels like he should have gotten atleast a look and for that I respect him and he will get no bickering from me because that is his friend.

I will agree to disagree that he "knows his s**t" because I think it is overblown. And whatever he does know loses credibility because he has ZERO ability to be objective on any topic related to football.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Cody Brown should be fine here. I would have loooooved to see Kamara in this offense. My word he would’ve destroyed
That‘s why i hate to see Gray gone to OU. I think he would’ve been great in this offense. I normally don’t have a problem w/ guys transeferring, but this stuff w/ OU is pissing me off a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back