Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Packer speaking the truth. He says if you are weak at the top and make terrible decisions then you will fail no matter who you hire as coach. He is talking about UT. It’s the truth. Until our administration gets better, we will never rise. Let’s hope Danny White rights the ship and gets everyone on the same page. Let’s see how this staff shakes out and the next few years go. Hopefully much better and UT gets its head on right.

Edit: Goes on to say football in better with a great UT and the SEC is better with a great UT. He hopes UT comes back and that we made a good hire. He says no hire is a guarantee but he hopes we just got the right guy.

We just can’t Do that
make him wait and meet with the DC and then if he wants out it has to be complete and free to anywhere

I'm all for waiting and letting the DC talk to him, but if he still wants out, I set conditions. University time and money was used to recruit him and he committed to UT. He can find success at schools other than the ones I listed. Go to FSU or Clemson.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I'm all for waiting and letting the DC talk to him, but if he still wants out, I set conditions. University time and money was used to recruit him and he committed to UT. He can find success at schools other than the ones I listed. Go to FSU or Clemson.

It’s clear he was told by Fulmer Pruitt was safe or he would have never signed in the first place.

We can’t have more bad pub

Just FYI, Scott Frost's two classes at UCF were ranked #65 and #55 nationally. Heupel wasn't that far off. Definitely think that Frost has the "Johnny Football Hero" appearance and bearing that Heupel does not. JH seems like an introvert who just likes to draw up plays and gameplans. Danny White is going to have to fill that role for the program and a bunch of the assistants are going to have to pick up the slack in recruiting.
JH doesn't strike me as an introvert. Most introverts will give you a one word answer to a question. That's not JH.

It’s clear he was told by Fulmer Pruitt was safe or he would have never signed in the first place.

We can’t have more bad pub
Logically, you are correct, but in this instance, I'm allowing myself to put logic aside and be petty.

tenor.gif

I think Starting backs next year are Evans and Small, both fit this offense well.

I LOVE Cody Brown but not sure how well he fits.

Chuba Hubbard's running style shouldn't fit at OK St. but it seems to be working out well. I think Cody will have the potential to be in the same mold. If Jaylen wright can catch a ball out of the backfield though look the heck out!

Basically said Pruitt and Nieds were paying players out of their own pocket.
Rumor Barnes is funneling money through an AAU program.
Gary Parrish used to talk about College Basketball assistants doing this. That their “salary” wasn’t their true full take home salary- that they were expected to take care of / get players with that money too.

So if you had an Assistant at say Kentucky making $350,000 per year - the expectation would be that he keep $200k as his pay, and spread the $150k around on players (net taxes of course).

So I see Arnett uses a 3-3-5 base defense. Heard he's rumored to be on our short list. How do you think that scheme would translate to:
1. Our current roster
2. The sec
Arnett is already in the SEC and that defense is working for them. He's been tabbed as a rock star by some very good coaches.

I just hope people don’t expect that in year one
What should our expectations be? Who should we expect to beat, and who should we not expect to beat? Is it okay to expect to be competitive against everyone we play? I mean, we talk about reasonable expectations, so what is reasonable?

I’d say it’s adequate.
Didn’t remember the exact #’s but new it was good.
So I don’t understand the ones questioning it working here, unless they are unaware

247 Missouri Recruiting rankings, I'd say more than adequate...
2013: 43
2014: 37
2015: 25
2016: 43
2017: 43

So it wasn't like he truly had "SEC Talent" to work with either... Missouri still has never joined the chat with SEC recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back