Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we had coaches not even taking phone calls when we tried to call them and others are saying they are scared of the possible sanctions ? Then we got our man Heupel saying I will pay my own money to get the Tennessee job. Wow come on guys we need to rally around this man. That speaks volumes to me.

Guts

Completely false. Jg loves Tennessee.

I appreciate that kid getting up after getting the hell beat out of him over and over again. Between Pruitt being awful to work for, and an offense that was set up to fail, and having having f@#$ing Weinke as your QB coach, I'm not surprised he regressed the way he did. That kid took mental and physical @$$whippings and kept going.

I hope he finds a way into coaching and has a successful life.

Listening to the Basilio show from yesterday and they had that reporter on from Orlando. We’re going to find out if TN really recruits itself. Obviously UCF is not a recruiting juggernaut. But, Following their success, in 2020, he barely recruited anyone inside the top 100 in the state of Fl, and those guys were ranked in the 90’s. That’s concerning. We better put a team of recruiters around him.

That being said, it’s amazing how much he got out of that talent, even putting guys in the NFL that many believes couldn’t even be division 1 players. So if we can get talent for him, sky’s the limit
Stars don’t matter nearly as much as Good evaluation and development does. We’ve seen that to be the case the past 15 years

Reactions: VolOntheMoon
Listening to the Basilio show from yesterday and they had that reporter on from Orlando. We’re going to find out if TN really recruits itself. Obviously UCF is not a recruiting juggernaut. But, Following their success, in 2020, he barely recruited anyone inside the top 100 in the state of Fl, and those guys were ranked in the 90’s. That’s concerning. We better put a team of recruiters around him.

That being said, it’s amazing how much he got out of that talent, even putting guys in the NFL that many believes couldn’t even be division 1 players. So if we can get talent for him, sky’s the limit
Top 100 in Florida is being recruited by the nation who is telling them they'll never have a chance at a championship because it's not set up that way. Then they refer to the 12-0 season as proof.

This is why I wonder if they don't keep Steele and get Garner.

I feel we need to walk before we can run. Take the guys we can get (especially with NCAA sanctions looming), coach them up, change the culture and start winning the games we should win. It's going to take some time to compete with Bama, UGA and Florida.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

Yeah, UCF fans don't like him for a couple of reasons that I think are valid.

He's not the face of the program that Frost was - he doesn't inspire the way he did. Frost is good looking and seems to be much more comfortable in front of a camera. Heupel is also kind of a redneck it seems, and I think that will play here better than it did at UCF.

He doesn't seem to be a willing recruiter - not saying he's bad at it, he just doesn't enjoy it or isn't focused on it. That's something to put a pin in if we're struggling in a couple of years. We are going to need to put some recruiting hounds around him, as you said.

Recruiting analyst will change recruits rankings based off of who offers and commits where and we will fall between 10-20 in team rankings

Yeah, UCF fans don't like him for a couple of reasons that I think are valid.

He's not the face of the program that Frost was - he doesn't inspire the way he did. Frost is good looking and seems to be much more comfortable in front of a camera. Heupel is also kind of a redneck it seems, and I think that will play here better than it did at UCF.

He doesn't seem to be a willing recruiter - not saying he's bad at it, he just doesn't enjoy it or isn't focused on it. That's something to put a pin in if we're struggling in a couple of years. We are going to need to put some recruiting hounds around him, as you said.

He may have a great offensive system but if he doesn’t have the Jimmy’s and Joe’s that Alabama does, that will hurt. You have to recruit, recruit, recruit at UT.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
So sick of Bama.

Bama fans get to witness probably the greatest dynasty run in the history of college football that will probably never be replicated again. They just happen to be alive to witness it.

UT fans get to witness the slow, painful, and brutal death of the program that we may never recover from again. Permanant KY level football from here out. We just happen to be alive to witness it.

Still couldn't pay me to be a Bama fan, F them. This just sucks, though.

Wow. I'm not throwing shade. But that feels a touch final. Let's see how this season goes before we embrace our place as the new Kentucky in the SEC.
We're not dead as long as we've got fight!

tenor.gif

I’m not gonna rag on chaney anymore but i don’t think he had much of any effect on that team besides helping with OL Chaney is a very good pass pro teacher
Chaney is the color of the branch he sits on. I don’t think he’d be bad for a coach that will call his own plays. He’s always been amenable to that. That said some fresh blood could help too.

I'm in the middle of trying to hire for two positions right now. I have interviewed several guys. One guy fits what I want. I'm still going through the motions of interviewing even though I know I've already interviewed the guy I'm hiring.

And you are doing that because there is a chance a better candidate than the guy you want actually shows up and accepts. You aren’t doing it just to do it.

JH was always there, but I have no doubt that they attempted with other people that they would have taken as well.

He may have a great offensive system but if he doesn’t have the Jimmy’s and Joe’s that Alabama does, that will hurt. You have to recruit, recruit, recruit at UT.

Develop what you have well = win games

win games = better recruiting

Therefore develop well >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> recruiting.

Here's what I'd like to see, in an ideal world:

Elarbee and Golesh are non-negotiables for me. Those guys have to be here.

Kodi Burns is a good recruiter, bring him as well. Kodi Burns, Wide Receivers Coach (FB), Auburn Tigers

I hope Steele stays because I want someone with Tennessee ties on staff. Garner is a great recruiter, so is Brick Haley. All three are great football coaches too. I'd put Haley in the outside linebackers role, have Steele as inside linebackers. Garner can have the defensive line.

JJ McClesky and/or Willie Martinez as secondary coaches. Montario Hardesty as RBs coach. McClesky can recruit Louisiana, Hardesty covers the Carolinas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back