Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t because Detroit is wanting a tear down rebuild. So they would have to give AT LEAST multiple 1s and more ... and i don’t think they want to do that. Jets got 2 and 27 so i like our chances. That’s basically trading Justin fields or Zach Wilson for Watson. But I’m perfectly fine with staying at 2 and nabbing fields or Wilson too tho. I love them both and that 5 year rookie deal is really nice
Yeah. Not sure I trade if I'm the Jets

Maybe (on wanting JH from the jump).. Either way DW had to have an idea what was likely to happen with the names they were shooting for... Not a bad idea to have a back up to the back up and have everyone aware of its likelihood of happening... Thus, buy in...

Anyway... I've no problem with process as it's played out.. Results not withstanding.. Lol

I think it's a big job for both DW and JH, and there's a comfort factor in having that built-in trust. I knew from the beginning they had to find someone who could work within UT's system and the people in place, and they seem to have gotten that. Just have to keep an open mind on the rest.

I think his problem is more congenital
Probably so. He has a history going back some time of bizarre and erratic behavior. I think CTE is known to amplify those behaviors. I know a former VFL that played in the NFL for several years. He's got symptoms now.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to sit things out for awhile. I'm keeping up with my contacts, but the negativity around the program just has me kind of disengaged right now. I'm excited for baseball and softball, but I know those don't really move the meter around here.
Tell Ralph hello!!

Unless there's a personal relationship, it sometimes starts and ends with the rep. They do a temperature check with the agent or attorney; if there's no interest, they usually move on down the list unless they think they can bring something else to the table. I think Campbell and Fickell were non-starters.
I hope DW already has plans to start a new list in case JH doesn't work out. No, I'm not hoping JH fails, far from it, but DW needs to be prepared in case it happens.

Reactions: 74volz
I'm gonna have to sit things out for awhile. I'm keeping up with my contacts, but the negativity around the program just has me kind of disengaged right now. I'm excited for baseball and softball, but I know those don't really move the meter around here.
I’m just saying you need to tell them to push all that stuff. Because to be honest the “let’s go back to tradition” stuff was just BS. How about we look towards the future and build on it and try and get recruits here any way we possibly can.

not sure what you thought i meant about running hills/ but i just watched UCF highlights and the entire team better start running marathons tomorrow to prepare for the tempo

Velus Jones said as much this morning.

And if our own offensive players are concerned about getting their stamina up to par, I have to think that opposing DCs around the league aren't exactly relishing the thought of facing a Heupel offense.

I hope DW already has plans to start a new list in case JH doesn't work out. No, I'm not hoping JH fails, far from it, but DW needs to be prepared in case it happens.
The way he described it is that he doesn't operate from lists. He talks to the team and starts his search and lets it go where it goes. Now, he also said Heupel was his only offer and that lost a lot of capital with me, so not sure how much stock I put into what DW tells us.

Reactions: Rizzo924
I think DW has to understand that trying to beat positive energy into some of our more outspoken fans just isn't going to work. It's a battle he will lose all day every day. He just needs to learn to not pay any mind to the Twitter warriors who are always going to find something to complain about. Focus on fundraising and giving Heupel every resource he needs in order to succeed. Heupel succeeding is the cure to the negativity.
I disagree that it isn't going to work, I just don't think he is doing it the right way. Let's say DW and the circle of trust at the top is A. I think DW is going to big too soon and trying to jump from A-Z. I think he needs to start with A pumping a positive message, have all coaches on campus act as B and push the message, add in the players at C. Then go VFL's, Media, students etc... down to the bottom of the fan base. You cant just show up less then a week on the job and tell a fan base hey its a new day lets all be positive. We've seen/heard this before. Show us and it starts from the top down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back