Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 346176
Posted a pic during the press conference today..
Sorry, I figured I couldn’t be the only one to see it that way, but I skipped over about 130 pages from today. Thought I’d just miss the anger, denial, and bargaining phases of this process and get right to acceptance.

I would guess that unless he just wants to be closer to home, he needs to think about coming back. We've had players transfer and return before. It can be done and this staff obviously likes him so...
The only complaint about the process I have is DW being snippy with the media/fans. I agree our fans can be wild and out of control but the support that's been shown to this university through this stretch is insane. If they don't win quickly I can see a lot of people tuning out because of the brushless of his comments. This isn't UCF dont worry about controlling the fans, create a winning program and the tune will change.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m glad this place has finally slowed down. Volnation was like having a second job for me, I’d read a page and refresh and 3 more would be added. Exhausting
Agreed. I thought having a hire would relax me a little but here I am scouring for tidbits for staff hires, then it will be transfer portal talk, recruiting nugs, spring practice reports, and so on and so on.

I should have known better. The recruiting forum never sleeps!

Tempo so fast and devastating Houston called back to back timeouts just to get their minds right (55:00 mark).

How do you stop this flow barring faking injury?

The danger and worries are if you accumulate a few 3 and outs. No time off the clock and giving the ball right back to your opponent. Works great when it's on.

We are gonna get some damn annoyed by some of these 3 and outs taking 22 seconds off the game clock

Live in Greenville so most everyone around me are Clemson fans...know some people who knew Tony Elliot before he blew up...they say nothing but great things about...all around good dude and future superstar...they were worried about losing him.
Fun city! We visit some friends there from time to time. Downtown is awesome.

Up tempo is a great tool, but it works best when you can successfully changed up your tempo. I noticed memphis and tulsa were both games UCF blew with double digit leads in the second half. I wonder if this is partially due to tempo. I would have to rewatch the games.
That's probably a fair assessment. I often thought he was a little to stubborn with it. But if he can figure out when to back off a little to get through those lulls it shouldn't be a problem. It certainly was a rare issue that anyone stopped him enough drives in a row to make him pay.

Agreed. I thought having a hire would relax me a little but here I am scouring for tidbits for staff hires, then it will be transfer portal talk, recruiting nugs, spring practice reports, and so on and so on.

We’re addicted to the coaching searches.
(Only sorta kidding.)

Haynesworth said it should have been the black man but instead we hired batman.
BTW Tee isn't qualified for the job.... look at our list of coaches that turned us down! Nothing had to do with race.
He once again embarrasses himself. My goodness.... Tony Elliot and James Franklin said no....
Tennessee is SYSTEMATICALLY RASICIST because a person of color didn't accept the job when offered.
607801ce-abf2-4222-a156-4f630aafde7c-1302E9A9-39D5-4ABA-803C-BCF5D0F01329.jpeg

Ess0ybtXUAIs79J

Did he graduate? Oooof

The only complaint about the process I have is DW being snippy with the media/fans. I agree our fans can be wild and out of control but the support that's been shown to this university through this stretch is insane. If they don't win quickly I can see a lot of people tuning out because of the brushless of his comments. This isn't UCF dont worry about controlling the fans, create a winning program and the tune will change.

I’ve got a little different angle on that. Most of the people offended at him being snippy aren’t the $ folks. I think most of the $ people list will be excited to see an effort to limit the negative vibes on social media. Thus increasing he ability to raise $

Jmo

Reactions: crazyguy
Tempo so fast and devastating Houston called back to back timeouts just to get their minds right (55:00 mark).

There's gonna be a massive increase in temporary injuries against us. Which leads to fans booing injuries. I'm not a fan of that but boy who cried wolf and such.

Excellent point. I will prepare my family once again for my conniption fits over large men seeming to be in season ending pain only to watch them run back onto the field after a 2 minute breather.

And football fans make fun of futbol players for doing the same thing.

Either way. I like raging!

Reactions: Sleegro
Which was apparent this AM. Armchair quarterbacking, but why in the world did they not sell it as a tag team deal early on after DW was hired. They had to know from preliminary phone calls to agents and coaches that the top guys were not coming. A lot of the rancor would have been avoided.

I'm sure they expected the early "no, thanks" from the usual suspects, and UT really wanted to explore diversity candidates-- much like they did when they hired Davenport and Plowman. Though Plowman's situation was different.

Nothing wrong with a package deal, though Boyd and Plowman probably weren't thinking it would come to that. Once they got down the list, DW pushed JH pretty hard, and having that comfort level is important.

Truth, I feel like I’ve got jet lag. Lol

I'm just so out on White with how everything went down. The optics of this hire are awful. I think he should donate the search agency fee to charity out of his paycheck or something. The guy took a fat raise to get his current coach a raise also.
I don't see blue font so I guess it's too much to assume you're being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back