Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
BjycyjCCAAE88bi.png
Thanks for the new Avi lol

Does DW actually think the fanbase is going to buy that JH was the #1 option? Really?

Just be honest for once. I’m tired of the BS.
No.
But hes not gonna announce that JH was the 3rd choice or the 8th choice either. True or not its just not the way thats handled.

Had we hired Freeze after not getting, Campbell, Franklin, Fleck or Fickell hes not gonna announce we hired our 5th choice.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I agree. It has increasingly become more and more about matchups. And the quarterback has by far and away become the most important position in sports. It has been for a while, but now I would have a hard time finding a close second.

You hate to say this, and it’s kind of unfair, but to a degree the quarterback position here has gotten 2 coaches axed. That’s pretty broad, but ultimately it could be argued.
Oh, it totally has.

Look at the teams that make the CFP (especially the winners) and the teams that make the playoffs in the NFL (especially SB winners or teams making deep playoff runs). They all have elite, or borderline-elite, QB play. The days where you could have average QB play and a team led by a running game or a strong defense are over. Alabama was an exception to the rule there early in Saban's dynasty (Tua was his first truly great QB) but even they aren't anymore. Tua and Jones had eye-popping stats, and this 5-star dual threat they've got coming up will probably continue that.

The game is so passing-oriented (not just offense-oriented, but specifically passing-oriented) due to rule changes and how the game is called that I simply don't think you can be a great team anymore without a great QB. That, plus the athleticism these days of these WRs makes them impossible to cover one-on-one. Because offense is so dominant, the only way to play D today is to have a great pass rush, particularly being able to generate a pass rush without blitzing.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Apparently Heupel and Shannon don’t care for each other, so I doubt he will be following him here.

If true, one of the first good things I have read. Shannon is washed up.

Don't care about Tee either. If he hadn't tanked at USC he would not be at UT either. Happy for him being a VFL as a player - as a coach not so much.

Tough road to hoe for Mehupel. Will soon learn if he can overcome it or if he's just another wannabe.

They all say the same things at the presser. The actions that follow are all that matter. I guess I am more pizzed at the propaganda and facade of a real coaching search being done. I also think the program would have been better off with a Chadwell/Steele combo if a big gun could not be hired, two guys that actually know Tennessee and have done something from ground up. Chadwell is the COY on the same G5 level as Mehupel only without the P5 background. Has built lesser programs up from the ground floor. Steele built that strong D at Auburn. Mehupel has built nothing.

But whatever, dey gonna do what dey gonna do. So will I. Pray for the best, expect the worse - that's the Tennessee way.

Tee turned down the Auburn WR job this cycle to stick around, hoping he would have a chance here in 2021 (which Fulmer promised him).

I wish him well.

Tee and his family have had a complicated road with UT. I like him-- always have-- so I'm glad he's moving on. It's best for him. I understand how he feels now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back