Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have fired Pruitt for performance, paid his buyout and conducted a professional search while quietly handling the investigation internally. The job was more desirable in early Dec than it is now. Experienced HCs understand a school firing for poor performance and self-reporting violations. Every program does that, and it wouldn't cause second-guessing by guys open to the job.

We'd already have a new HC , our staff would be in place, our roster wouldn't nearly as decimated, the NCAA wouldn't be sniffing around and the program wouldn't be under a microscope. We'd be rebuilding from a better place.

UT didn't need a coverup. We could have investigated the initial allegations with UT compliance and in-house counsel, self-reported and self-imposed. That's what UT generally does and it's what most schools do. With their backlog, the NCAA would have gotten around to us in 2-3 years, and by then it would be in the rearview window.
We could have and that of course would have been ideal, but iirc at the time boosters did not have the appetite for change so donde when berzerk and forced change. That's how I kind of understood it anyway

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
😍 Omg

I mean ew wtf is wrong with you
I can't remember who posted that but at the time it was funny enough for me to screenshot it. I don't even know what it was about now but I must of thought it was hysterical.

I've got a history of VN highs and lows saved on my phone.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Bottom line?

@Atlanta VOL was wrong. @LA Vol was right. Plowman bit off way more than she could chew and she choked. We were better off leaving Pruitt one more year then firing him. That way we didn't self report to the NCAA. Then we probably could have had Freeze, Campbell, Fickell, or Fleck because we wouldn't have these incoming crippling sanctions.

We will be back here in 4 years. Enjoy the shi*show.

Why are you here again?

Look, at worst, we just need Heupel not to be a disaster. Just be okay. Just guide us through the difficulty we're facing, get the roster in decent shape, and just don't have disaster seasons like 4-8, 5-7 or garbage like that. Win 8 games a year for 5 years and we'll be in way better shape than we are now and maybe we attract a better coach if we decide to make a move then. At the very least, just don't be a disaster. I don't think he will be. He may be very good. At worst, he might be that bridge hire that we need.
If we are consistently winning 8-9 games in the next few years, then maybe we will have the consistency and stability in our program to join the SEC elite with this coach and win it all. Lets support him until he proves otherwise.

Listen...I think I pointed this out before we even started the search.

Think of all the SEC hires, how many actually snagged a sitting P5 coach?

South Carolina - Beamer
Vanderbilt - Lea
Auburn - Harsin

And now we roll with arguably the best hire of the off-season. Because unlike Heupel, Harsin really did inherit a juggernaut program at his G5 stop, and that conference is garbage.

We didn’t either

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
UCF QB Dillon Gabriel stats for 2020
3,570 yards passing
32 TD
4 INT
Any chance he transfers in with CJH?
Hope not. Having watched him...he's not that good and would really struggle in the SEC. The QBs we already have are a lot more talented. Those stats are a testament to Heupel's system.

We also need DBs and DL. Our defense is going to be very bad next year regardless

Agree to an extent. If we can get a good Dline coach in here and we can get a push, it’s makes DBs life a lot better. I know we gotta have the bodies but coaching goes a long way as well as scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back