Poll: Happy with Heupel?

• Yes

Votes: 1,057 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 741 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed someone who was going to highlight the strengths of this team, which is offensive skilled positions. He will bring out the best in Bailey and Hyatt, which will lead to more success early on that expected. That in turn will generate momentum and an advantage in recruiting. This was a good hire.

Yes or no?

Incredibly underwhelming hire; Heupel is trending down, and he did not beat a single team with a winning record in year three.

I am quite sure that there will be a large portion of the fanbase that will jump in line to throw their support to Heupel. However, I am not one of those fans. Based upon previous hires from the AAC ranks into a Power-5 school, those hires do not go well at all. Given that precedent coupled with Tennessee's previous track-record in hiring abysmal coaches, I fully expect that Heupel with be fired within 4-5 years.

On the bright side, I now have twelve (12) free Saturdays in the fall for the next several years. For those wanting to shout me down, or call me a negavol/fair-weather fan, have at it. Its been a five-alarm $$it show for over 15 years.

Like Leach, no one right now to execute it. Get ready for several years of suckitude, at the minimum
I 100% disagree. We are more equipped for an Air Raid offense than we are a traditional pro style offense or spread option offense. The strengths of our team are Bailey, Hyatt, and Jones Jr. He will find ways to get talented guys like Beckwith, Holiday, and Calloway involved as well and bring out the best in them. This is good.

Hell no.

But he will be fired in less than three years and we'll be able to do this all over again. Hopefully with a different group representing our university, making offers, and hiring.

Reactions: yabbadabbado
I voted no, because I think he’s an upgrade over your last handful of coaches.

But nothing short of consecutive undefeated seasons at UCF would pacify some here.

I'm curious, we have the most players in the portal of any school. We are hiring a coach on the eve of signing day. We potentially have 50 NCAA violations. We were 3-7 with 7 blowout losses last year. Did you somehow think we were hiring Saban or Meyer? Otherwise we will suck for several years no matter who was hired.
Spot on!

then go with an interim until we get away from our self imposed apocalypse.
I’ll wait to see what the contract looks like but don’t kid yourselves, this hire ****ing sucks.
Name the coach

Name one HC or Coordinator that would have taken the job that is better than CJH.

I'll wait for the response. .

Reactions: Rickyvol77
12, 10, 6

Wins by year. Going the wrong way.

Talks like Pruitt. Hopefully he knows what asparagus is
His 3 regular season losses in 2020 were by a combined 11 points. His quarterback threw for 32 TDs and 4 INTs...

He needs a defense and IMO it wouldn't hurt to get back to running the ball a little more like he did in 2018.

Fact of the matter is nobody knows how good or bad he is better than Danny White and nobody knows what he learned from going 6-4 better than Danny White.

Oh just wait, if it's Heupel then we'll have the usual cast of characters starting threads telling us how we found a diamond in the rough, he's the "right man for the job", BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Let's not forget the other cast of character that tells us how he is the worst hire in the NCAA, his offense is garbage, a group of 5 coach that doesn't know SEC ball or coached in a Power 5 program blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Fore
then go with an interim until we get away from our self imposed apocalypse.
I’ll wait to see what the contract looks like but don’t kid yourselves, this hire ****ing sucks.
You don't go with an interim who just played a role in getting Malzahn fired so he could become a HC again. He needs to go. Anything that has Fulmer's fingerprints on it the last 3 years needs to go too.

Reactions: VOL-TIL-I-DIE
Let's not forget the other cast of character that tells us how he is the worst hire in the NCAA, his offense is garbage, a group of 5 coach that doesn't know SEC ball or coached in a Power 5 program blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:
The low IQ mattress burners.

First post. Been a lurker on VN since 2010. Never thought I'd create an account and comment. I am not pleased with this hire. He took a 13-0 "national champion" team and has regressed each year. I will, however, support this coach through the sanctions.

His 3 regular season losses in 2020 were by a combined 11 points. His quarterback threw for 32 TDs and 4 INTs...

He needs a defense and IMO it wouldn't hurt to get back to running the ball a little more like he did in 2018.

Fact of the matter is nobody knows how good or bad he is better than Danny White and nobody knows what he learned from going 6-4 better than Danny White.
Give me until spring practice and I'll have us going 14-1 or 15-0 lol. I'm just not that excited about the hire RIGHT NOW

Last edited:
Reactions: bpalmer28
Yes or no?

I voted yes. He checks the boxes.

The results of this poll will perfectly illustrate the toxicity of this fanbase and why no one else seriously considered coming here. The fahr Pruitt reds have something else to whine about now, so that's good.

Actually we will start to know something positive if he manages to pull some players back from the portal. That would be huge

UCFs largest loss margin was against BYU in the bowl game. BYU went 11-1 last season, I think.

UCF offense puts up huge numbers and the 3 regular season losses were for a combined 12 points and lost to Cinci by 3 points.

They were 1 score or 1 stop in each of those 3 season games away from an undefeated regular season
and Coastal Carolina Beat BYU.

Under the circumstances I think this is probably the best we could get so I voted yes.

Depending on sanctions I thought that whoever took this job was going to be set up for failure. My hopes are that he can wade us through the NCAA storm and that we have decent talent for the next coach to work with in 4 years. If that is what he accomplishes, then we should all be satisfied at that outcome. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

If Scott Frost was having any sort of success, it would make the perception of this hire different. Frost had a better record than Huepel yet cant get a winning season in tge Big 10.

The one positive with Huepel, for us, is that his offenses have average 40 ppg. Huepel's defenses was his Achilles hill. The SEC is changing though. If Steele can help stabilize the defense for him and with the ability to recruit better than did at UCF, Huepel has the potential to be a great hire.

Reactions: Fore
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back