Poll: Happy with Heupel?

• Yes

Votes: 1,057 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 741 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel you. I was really hoping for Kiffin, Freeze, Franklin, or Fleck but was willing to settle for Napier or Chadwell... Heupel wasn't on my radar because his wins total was going the wrong direction. In digging in a little to his 3 regular season losses in 2020 (bowl games mean nothing to me) I convinced myself that he was close to being 10-0 last year and that my tone would be a lot different if that were the case then i saw that his worst offense at UCF averaged 42 ppg and now all of a sudden I see a promising a future lol. We'll see how it goes.

On the not so pretty side of things... his defenses were terrible. Needs to do better there. And since arriving in 2018 he progressively ran the ball less and less. I think getting away from the run may have hurt him in 2020... it'd be interesting to hear what he thinks about that.
He beat Kiffin twice with equal talent.

Do we have a “wait and see” option? I am happy with the push for bringing in a great offense and that Heupel has successful head coaching experience. I was disappointed that we ended up here, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m cheering for him.
This is how I feel. Obviously I wish we were able to land a bigger name, but he has had lots of offensive success and seems like he knows what he’s doing. If he can put together a good staff, I’ll be optimistic.

An obvious and lazy hire by Danny White. Goes against his incoming presser of being aggressive in his hires.

44 ppg while he was at ucf. That alone makes me happy, no more trying to win the game while scoring 20 points. Heupel could end up being a great hire, we will just have to wait and see. I look forward to seeing Tennessee put up points.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
i mean, this hire brings no energy and excitement to the program except for the sheep which have been thinking 9-3 & 10-2 every year since 2010

Reactions: LLcoolDave
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back