Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering where we are now hopefully some can see why some of us were hope if for Pruitt to be back with little violation problems...
Where we are now is starting over with a coach that knows offensive football, so at least watching games won’t be as painful as pulling teeth like it was with Pruitt.
So No I don’t think anyone can understand why we would want a Defensive minded coach that had an offense and defense that sucked and watching games was like watching paint dry over virtually anyone!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I'm cool with it tbh. I think it'll be fun to watch. In today's game it seems better to have an offensive mind rather than a defensive guy. With the right DC, we could be good. Also, the bright offensive minds seem to naturally attract good "skill" players. We will be fine.

That's the spirit! lol

One good thing lost in all this rage hurricane...They have got a lot of money to spend on staff, and great assistants are mercenary..they go where they are paid the best
I'm sure we didn't pay this guy like we were going to pay the whales, so maybe we can get some good staff. The defensive players seemed pleased too --so maybe they know things.

Most of us aren’t happy with how this search went but that’s because we believed “insiders” were going to bring us Bob Stoops or Matt Campbell. They didn’t. That sucks. Time to move on, we have Heupel.

Guys, UT recruits itself. Heupel with some good assistants will be top 20 without a doubt, even under this NCAA cloud. Could be Top 10 if he hires guys like Garner and keeps Steele and Graham. At the very least we’re going to be fun to watch on offense. That’ll be a nice change of pace.

Am I doing backflips at this hire? No. But his resume is better than the last few coaches we’ve hired. I’m ready to see what he can do. Let’s go!

A top 20 recruiting class puts you about 10th in the SEC.

Bob Stoops likes Heupul, that's good enough for me. Almost like getting Bob himself, IMO.

*Seriously, I've talked myself into believing this is a great hire. We need a good DC and a coaching staff that's the right mix of developers and recruiters.
Umm. Bob Stoops and Heupel are definitely not friends. Bob Stoops liked Heupel at one point I guess lol.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Total D last year for Heupel’s football team..
View attachment 345670
His DC at UCF sucked (D grade per Dave Bartoo). Give him Steele (A grade and knows how to work with uptempo) and things will look different. Won’t be shutting out opponents with his offensive style, but anyone who wants that needs to pay attention to what’s happened the last couple of years in CFB

Bob Stoops likes Heupul, that's good enough for me. Almost like getting Bob himself, IMO.

*Seriously, I've talked myself into believing this is a great hire. We need a good DC and a coaching staff that's the right mix of developers and recruiters.
Not to be a Debbie Downer but in this particular example. Bob Stoops fired Heupul also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back