Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet if our administration had done things like any normal school and just fired our coach without knee capping the program, we would have gotten who we wanted.

I hate this administration for where they’ve taken UT football. I’m not getting mad at Heupel or coaches anymore. It’s not coaches, it’s not fans.

I don’t think we had a choice. Word of our cheating was already out among other schools. If we paid Pruitt the $12m we would still have dealt with the NCAA at some point. This hire might have been better but we would get hammered harder down the road. At least that’s their thought process.

I am excited to score points.

Hopefully the "FU" money will be spent on staff.

I am on board and will support my University.

GBO.

I don't have to give him a chance....been giving Tennessee a chance since 11' with my money, and have yet to get any return for that investment....

It's Tennessee's time to show me something before I ever donate again.
100% agree with you
I’m sitting home until we win also but I’m gonna keep cheering for them
Hell, we all supported DD, BJ and JP
the big problem is all the insiders told us we’re going big when in fact that probably wasn’t gonna be the case bc we are in theory a step down from programs the big hires are currently at

Chris low on swain with a gloomy outlook. Not on Heupel, necessarily, just the program in general. Says we talked to a lot of people, just didn’t have a lot of interest.

Yeah. Its just the reality of where things are. Hopefully (at worse) Heupel is able to get it better, even if he isnt the great hire.

Naw. There isn’t anything to realize. We are a top program who keeps spitting out garbage when we make bad hires. We also keep making coaches not want to come here but opening investigations on them and firing them for cause. We are our own worst enemy and our administration has tanked a once proud program. And same thing was said for Pruitt, he just needs a good OC.
To you and me it is. But take a national poll of college level athletes, or coaches, or casual fans. To anyone who doesn’t bleed orange, we are nowhere near being a top program.

7-5 and it will be a very fun product to watch

You will be on board soon
Nope. Im not buying their ish any more. I hated the Pruitt hire but didnt harp on it for the sake of my friends on here. Im going to be one of the most hated poster on here. I'll probably be pass you up. 🤣 I'm not going to hold back, I'm calling it like I see it.

Alright. You guys are losing your minds. Let's see how things shake out, who he hires or keeps. You know who is going to be happy with this hire? Offensive skill position players. Let's hope he puts together a good defense.

By all accounts AD White was a very good hire. He knows how to build (or in our case rebuild} and run an athletic program, which is something that we desperately need. He did not create this mess, but he did take on the job to clean it up. It's really not his fault that he couldn't get a top tier coach to agree to $8 million/year or for that matter any other coach. So he took the necessary step to hire someone he knew and trusted to help him clean this mess up. I don't fault him for that. I think this is a long play on his part. Shore things up, get through this NCAA mess and let's see where we are in a couple years. I know, not what we fans want to hear. But that just might be the only thing available right now. One thing I have learned in life, is that it doesn't always work out they way you might want but that doesn't mean it's bad. I will give coach Heupel my all, as I did Dooley, Butch and Pruitt and I hope other fans will too.
Very well stated!!

No need in spinning it any way. With pending sanctions, we did what we could.

At this time, we are not looked at as a desirable place to coach. We are Toxic. Period. That’s the cold hard truth. If anyone sees it any other way you are delusional.

No amount of money is gonna change that.

Now, who’s to say we didn’t hire a good coach that can weather the storm, and put some points on the board?? We have two good kids at QB that will be coached up by one on the best QB coaches in the country.

If he brings in a good staff, who knows what will happen. Maybe he sets the world on fire and maybe he falls on his face. Time will tell. But stats prove he knows offense.

No need in being down and pouting about it, it is what it is. We tried and with how the culture and with the looming sanctions overhead, coaches won’t touch us.

So really you need to point the distain towards Pruitt, and this is what we got in return.

Then stop saying baseless things like this :

1611756042993.png

Y'all mocked Austin Price for not knowing ****, when he was really the only person giving you real information the whole time.

None of these board "insiders" know a damn thing. If the last couple of coaching searches have shown anything, it's that.
You still have a punchable face austin

Reactions: RiotVol
Yep. 100%. Can’t wait for AV to come in with his BS. I could have gone and got Kiffin and Freeze tomorrow with some VFLs. We would have packed their bags for them and been excited to bring us back to relevance. But our administration wants people they can control and bows down to boosters. They are killing this program for their egos.

I'mm tired of hearing about how Kiffin was all over this job and would come here in a heartbeat. You know what? I don't think he would. I think he sees Ole Miss as equal if not in a better position than UT right now. He has been there one year. You people that think he would bolt again in a year to a different job when he is supposedly more mature and trying to build his rep are in complete and utter denial.

UCF is now better than us............... LET THAT SINK IN.... they will hire Freeze and enjoy the free money we gave them... Pathetic. Hope someone has the balls to call DW out on that....

Lebby is not coming...

Heupel will not recruit well in the SEC

Getting to a bowl game is our ceiling now.

3yrs and we will be looking at the next up and comer....

Reactions: PA Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back