Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said DW was an impressive person. Never said that about the coach but whatever

Atlanta Vol -

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing. We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.”
you’re wrong

Pruitt has never been a HC. Heupel has had a top offense as both a coordinator and as a HC and he’s done it with lesser talent. You’re emotional and comparing apples to oranges. Get a grip

That's fine man, you talk yourself into JH, like you do with every coach.

Fact is, Penguin ain't gonna do **** here.

To everyone in here b!tching about this hire (most of whom migrated over here from the FF for the coaching search): Take your a$$es back on over there.

At this very moment, we are a rung above Vandy in the SEC power structure, on par with SCjr and below Kentucky. Elements of our fanbase are toxicity personified. I would describe our administration as a sh!tshow, but that would be an insult to sh!tshows. And we are about to have the NCAA as houseguests for a couple years.

Our new AD (universally praised upon being hired...including the citation of Heupel as one of his "great" hires), hit the road with a briefcase full of blank checks and made some big guns say "no". And they said no.

What exactly do you want the man to do? Many of us (including me) have said, "If we are going to lose, at least let it be fun to watch" and this coach is more than likely to make us fun to watch. And maybe, by some stroke of overdue karma or good fortune, he will hire a DC that makes defensive studs want to put on the big orange.

Now go change your tampons and flock back to the other hystericals in the FF...the adults in here can hold down the fort.

Go ahead and get your rants out, folks. It ain't going to change who we are hiring, but maybe it will make you feel better. I imagine most of you will be back to at least give it a try by Spring practice. Some of you will be back hoping we fail so you can be proven right. I think, at the end of the day, we deserved better, but we did not get who we wanted. I do think we will score a lot of points and if Steele can scheme it up pretty good, we will win some games. I think we will get to see if @HankHill is right about Tennessee recruiting itself. Go Big Orange!!
You are so wrong about people who dont like the hire hoping we fail. Very sanctimonious. I hope Heupel sets the qorld ablaze and goes 10-2 next year, but i just dont see it right now at all.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Atlanta Vol -

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing. We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.”
you’re wrong
Yeah like I said. He said DW was impressive, not the coach.

To everyone in here b!tching about this hire (most of whom migrated over here from the FF for the coaching search): Take your a$$es back on over there.

At this very moment, we are a rung above Vandy in the SEC power structure, on par with SCjr and below Kentucky. Elements of our fanbase are toxicity personified. I would describe our administration as a sh!tshow, but that would be an insult to sh!tshows. And we are about to have the NCAA as houseguests for a couple years.

Our new AD (universally praised upon being hired...including the citation of Heupel as one of his "great" hires), hit the road with a briefcase full of blank checks and made some big guns say "no". And they said no.

What exactly do you want the man to do? Many of us (including me) have said, "If we are going to lose, at least let it be fun to watch" and this coach is more than likely to make us fun to watch. And maybe, by some stroke of overdue karma or good fortune, he will hire a DC that makes defensive studs want to put on the big orange.

Now go change your tampons and flock back to the other hystericals in the FF...the adults in here can hold down the fort.
Hire Freeze and give the NCAA the LSU basketball treatment which works so well for almost all other programs?

Reactions: orangesoda
Welp at least I'll be more productive the rest of the week. Don't love the hire and it certainly came out of left field, although we probably should have put SOME eggs in that basket given he was DW's last coach. Here's to a hopefully fun offense and a hell of a staff with that leftover money. Let's give this guy a shot.

You’re the most optimistic person in this board.. you literally have been behind any name that has been slung around. Kudos to you sir... not saying this is a bad hire. It’s decent. Just wish I had your spirit lol.
Well, that’s wrong, I haven’t been behind every name. But it isn’t hard to get behind a guy who has proven to be able to coach offense at the highest level

I really hope that at some point we have a legit conversation about Lincoln Riley being offered the Cowboys job and Heupel being someone OU wants badly. If that happens he’s doing something right.
Stoops fired him as his OC. Money talks, but if Stoops has any say, I don't think it will be Heupel.

I'm mad busy today and have no prayer at keeping up with this thread. I'll give my 2 cents, assuming it is Heupel, positives and negatives.

Negatives:

1. Volnation will never learn to spell his name right. Heaven help us. His last name might just as well be spelled out in Thai.
2. Sanctions are clearly going to be bad, or the perception in the industry that they will be, because White had to work down his list.
3. He is unproven over time.
4. What we have seen in the short-term was decline, though there could be valid reasons for that. I'm not sure what the roster looked like when Frost left.
5. We miss out on the "flashy" hire that would be proven and bring stability. Greatly needed
6. He needs a strong defensive coordinator... possibly one made out of Steele.
7. Has not been the best recruiter and needs a strong staff

Positives:

1. SEC Experience at Mizzou
2. Scores points by the droves. We've not seen that in years.
3. Developed Drew Lock
4. May be able to bring in one of the hottest OC names in Jeff Lebby
5. Should play well with Ty Simpson and help begin a nice domino effect in recruiting.
6. Excellent QB coach. We need that DESPERATELY. Who was the last decent one? I literally cannot remember...
7. No one knows him better than Danny White
8. Has experience working with lesser talent, not top tier Bama talent.

Ultimately, it comes down to this for me. He was probably not on White's Top 10 list. Few of us in life ever get the top 10 of much of anything of value that we want. Sometimes, it works out for the best. We were clearly forced into the same position Fulmer was in a few years ago... limited options. I'm not going to hold it over the AD's head unless I know for a fact he was given a blank check and only hit the 1st number on his speed dial and went directly to Heupel.

Worst Case Scenario:

IMO, the worst case scenario is that we are crushed by sanctions, Heupel is hamstrung by scholarship reductions and bowl bans and can never get his footing. He is used to building with lesser talent so he can make strides with our current roster while pulling in some offensive weapons. Recruiting may struggle due to lack of "star power" in his name, but I think a strong staff eliminates that concern. After a few years, Danny White uses his mulligan after we have cleared sanctions, built a clean program, and the job is now much more desirable. Yes, we always assume the job will be more desirable, but I've said it.

Best Case Scenario:

We've hired a young innovative offensive minded coach whose best years are before him and he has chosen to work with this AD twice. He has more money than ever to build a quality staff and he benefits from the program upgrade of being able to recruit to Tennessee. We don't know where the ceiling is. He could be Lincoln Riley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back