Poll: Happy with Heupel?

• Yes

Votes: 1,057 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 741 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way they are hiring Huepel. To use a search firm then turn around and hire the coach from the same school the AD just came from. That is complete bananas, what is going on here. Definetly a waste of time and money. I don't buy it. That would be totally stupid.
That actually seems par for the course for UT.

IF it is Josh Heupel, here's all I gotta say:

Awesome news, great fit, looking forward to bright days ahead for the Tennessee Vols.

As long as Josh is wearing orange, he's my coach, and I'm gonna give him 100% support. Go Vols!

So we just basically wasted money... nope nope not basically... we wasted money on a search firm.

It took a search firm to tell Danny White to turn around? Money well spent smh
Maybe the search firm couldnt find anyone willing to be batized in a riverfull of orange tinted shite....

All told with buyouts and new salaries UT will spend around 13-15 million dollars to land Josh Heupel. Let that sink in for a little while.

Reactions: ButchPlz
28-8 as a headcoach, great offensive mind, proved offense works in the sec, and there's people complaining, thats the most Tennessee thing

How in the world do you recruit with an interim coach? Be realistic here.

They just said no one wants to be here; if no coach "wants to be here", then you're turning around and telling me players will fall over themselves to be here for a guy that took the job because "no one else wanted it"?

You can't have it both ways.

IF it is Josh Heupel, here's all I gotta say:

Awesome news, great fit, looking forward to bright days ahead for the Tennessee Vols.

As long as Josh is wearing orange, he's my coach, and I'm gonna give him 100% support. Go Vols![/QUOTE
Wait and see approach, I'm still not buying it. Until it's official. By the time we beat Ga, Fl, and Alabama, Saban will be retired, Mullen will have moved on to the NFL, Smart will be still good at Ga. Can't believe they chose Josh flipping Heupel. He has been coaching for awhile , he is a OC that is what he is. Period.

It amazes me the cup half empty people. The guy has played QB in college and the pros. Oklahoma guy who knows football. Has been a successful head coach. Can recruit in FL. Is gonna get strong support from AD and work well together. If he can read and write he's two upped our last coach. I like our chances versus the last 5 numbnuts we've had.

Last edited:
I'm curious, we have the most players in the portal of any school. We are hiring a coach on the eve of signing day. We potentially have 50 NCAA violations. We were 3-7 with 7 blowout losses last year. Did you somehow think we were hiring Saban or Meyer? Otherwise we will suck for several years no matter who was hired.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of fans had that expectation. They should have learned from the recent Texas search. Texas supposedly backed up the money truck for Urban Myer. Money isn't the answer to everything.

Reactions: VolArmy74
It amazes me the cup half empty people. The guy has played in college and the pros. Oklahoma guy who knows football. Has been a successful head coach. Can recruit in FL. Is gonna get strong support from AD and work well together. If he can read or write he's two upped our last coach. I like our chances versus the last 5 numbnuts we've had.

If that's your bar, then this job isn't even remotely as good as this place thinks.

People talked about his track record of hiring coaches as a strength then he hires one he previously hired and they complain, there is no pleasing this fanbase. I'm personally happy with the hire, I believe he'll do very well here. Welcome coach don't listen to the crazies

Reactions: YorkVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back