Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
After sleeping on it, this hire is better on paper than I expected at the beginning of the search.

Heupel is boring and not much fun to look at, but I watched some interviews last night and he seems personable.

We will score points - that will make us competitive. I’m going to need to see the staff and I’m really hoping he puts an emphasis on in-state recruiters.
He needs to keep Jay

Reactions: BleedorangeinGA
Thamel has said it. They’re talking it on Nashville radio. Heupel is the hire.

1. Like it or not, we had rumors and leaks that White fished in bigger waters and didn’t get a bite. I believe it. I believe the NCAA stuff + how our administration nuked Pruitt scared off almost everyone.

2. Remind yourself, there are more than 1 coach who can improve and win at TN. Heupel was NONE of our candidate du jours on VN, but there is a path to him winning here. Whether he finds it or not, time will tell.

3. White is not just here to make this one hire. He is here to clean up a PUTRID culture across the board with UT athletics. For all the “Fulmer could have made this hire” talk, you are really missing the big picture of what White is tasked with. It will be a process. This hire is not an indictment on his future effectiveness. It was him playing the hand he was dealt. An awful hand.

4. We will score a lot of points, which means you always have a shot.

5. At this point, every player / coach who stays in this mess and who chooses to come to this mess deserves our deepest appreciation and loyalty. Put your big boy/girl pants on, suck it up, remember what it means to be a Tennessean and a Volunteer, and rally.
Pruitt nuked himself.

He’s a better candidate than Pruitt was but, once again, the process leads to disappointment. After interviewing candidates new to White, he quickly moves to hire his most recent HC. It looks like he couldn’t get anyone so he made the quickest hire he could. Had he done this right away, it looks like a plan. Right now, it looks like desperation

Reactions: Hardy and ATC_VOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back