Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all agree to never again name a street for a head coach (General Neyland excluded)? You just never know how things will turn out in the long run.

That’s true, but scheme beats talent. I don’t know if he’ll put up 40 points a game or not, but I don’t think he’d be way out of his depth.
He had Mizzou with the number 1 offense in the SEC and that’s when the SEC played defense. Locke threw 42 tds under his coaching. Good grief

The only thing that should have been CLEAR TO EVERYONE is this is a really bad job RIGHT NOW. People were being absolutely delusional talking campbell and crap. People need to come back to reality.

Anyone coming into this mess right now and effing with is truly #MyCoach
I'd rather be told the truth. This program is destroyed we have the NCAA on our ass. Don't feed us that we are getting something great and then our new AD brings out his last year coach.

Reactions: Kristy*
I understand that a lot of you are grieving about the hire, but most of you are just mad because you thought we were once again at a place that is attractive to these big time coaches. Sure it would have been nice to have a huge name but we have been played for 4 straight searches by “insiders “.

We all said we were excited about the direction of the program. Donde is a beast and DW is a super AD. Most of you said trust DW until a hire came that you don’t like and are too lazy to research.

This is why the media hates us. We don’t know where we stand and who we “deserve”. DW did not come here to suck at football. He will get JH the tools and coaches he needs to be successful. Get behind this for the players and recruits that are here and want to be here.

I wonder how much "it's a rehire of his old coach after being a coaching search firm" is making this seem worse than it is?
That combined with all the big talk from Plowman and Boyd. They fueled this negative reaction with their words. They made the fan base think they had their big boy pants on when they were really playing in the kiddie pool. I don't hate this hire though. Just not what I was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back