Poll: Happy with Heupel?

• Yes

Votes: 1,057 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 741 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted no but at this point he may be our only option. I read where there may be 50+ violations. Who wants that? Apparently no one. And we can't blame Danny White, he just got here. He didn't create this mess he inherited it. I assume he waved some green at some fine top choices but no one would bite. With the mess UT is in top dollar doesn't seem to be an incentive. I am hoping for a nice hire. If we don't get one we will be back to square 1 in 3 or 4 years. If it does end up being Josh then all other options have expired. I don't know if they have talked to Chadwell. He would be my top choice at this point. It might be best to bite the bullet and continue a search and let Steele remain interim HC until more is known about the violations.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
There needs to be more calls put out before going with Heupel.

Not going to tear down his record at UCF but he did get fired from his alma mater, he did have NFL talent in Lock at Missouri, and his recruiting at UCF is suspect.

I would roll the dice on Chadwell or Freeze before going this route. At least those two are on a hot streak.

Yep, but he built a 13-0 team his least season at UCF vs the 0-12 he inherited. We are getting the guy who had Frosts leftovers and has done worse every year he’s lost the pieces.
their QB also broke his leg in half before he took over the team

There needs to be more calls put out before going with Heupel.

Not going to tear down his record at UCF but he did get fired from his alma mater, he did have NFL talent in Lock at Missouri, and his recruiting at UCF is suspect.

I would roll the dice on Chadwell or Freeze before going this route. At least those two are on a hot streak.
I'll take him right now and i hope these idiots losing their sh*t suffer big disappointment because their candidate wasn't hired.

I'll take him right now and i hope these idiots losing their sh*t suffer big disappointment because their candidate wasn't hired.

Yeah ...there may not be a choice either than Heupel.

And I am far from being on the Chadwell or Freeze hype train but if Basilio and other talking heads are to be believed, they haven't even been called.

They need a coach who can do more with less and I am not sure Heupel is it.

His teams have finished ranked more times in the past 3 years than TN in the past 5 years. I have been as sarcastic as the next downtrodden beat up Vol fan in this search, but Heupel is a good coach, He is an offensive guy who has coached some good offenses. His test is to keep this team together and make a splash in recruiting.

I think we have to face the fact that the program is a shitshow and hope for the best. Go Vols...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back