Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heupel is the sacrificial lamb for us to make the right hire in 2024. Hope the buyout won’t set us back.

What a waste of millions of dollars for (a) getting Steele for 2 months; (b) hiring an investigative law firm to kill our program; (c) buyout of old AD; (d) buyout of new AD from previous school; (e) hiring the Parker search firm to screw us again; (f) hiring another rental coach. There should be an investigation into money wasted since November.
This but I think it depends on sanctions. Some cases are back logged 2-3 years so we might not even know our penalties before then.

It could be after Frost, they think they should be undefeated every season or bust.

I would think they have more sense than that. But it could be possible. But damn. He had the exact same season in his first year that Frost had, just with a bowl loss.
And an injured QB, right? Could’ve beaten LSU. He beaten Lane

This makes no sense unless we truly missed on pretty much every other candidate (which is entirely possible). Just sucks we all got our hopes up one more time that we could dig out of this giant hole. Hopefully if JH is the hire he can surprise us, but I just don’t see it.

Thank you. It's a 2008 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom.

Yes, I live about 15 minutes from Norris. That bottom pic was looking from the island, at the weir dam, back towards Norris Freeway (US 441). There's another dam on the other side of the island (pic). Today was the 1st time I walked across both weir dams.

It was a good day to not be on Volnation. 😁View attachment 345439

Here's you another dam picture. View attachment 345448
Beautiful day to be out. Enjoyed the day myself, but on a different 2 wheeler- a bicycle. Thanks for the xtra pics. Been a minute since I laid eyes on Norris.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
just a lot of smoke early he’d be interested. @Kingzport mentioned something early on a couple days ago and tonight, and some other articles mentioned he’s looking for a chance. Who knows if it’s true though

Not buying the JH hype, DW is buying time I believe... Herman still is an option, or at least he should be.. Crossed fingers that UT does what’s best for business and hires Herman!

Honestly when Volzowns said "Only the fake ass fans will not like it. The real, intellectual type fans will love this" or whatever it was about the first weather, I logged off and started preparing for what was about to happen lol.
At this point there are no fake UT fans. Plenty of fed up ones though

I just can’t fathom how a guy with DW’s resume and cache has been so off the mark with this hire. I mean, we should have never even entertained Sonny Dykes, no matter what shape the program was in.

Franklin? I mean he’s a good coach, but that’s your 8 mil, go for broke, moon shot? Even if he had said yes, would have been a very polarizing hire.

Heupel? That’s not even the best choice out of your previous hires!

The only thing that makes sense is TE. I think he would be risky, but that guy at least gives you a chance.

Maybe we’ll wake up tomorrow to better news. Just so disappointed.

Imagine if we had just gone the route many of us have been spouting for months by just firing Pruitt and going after a real winner.

We wouldn't be getting turned down by quality coaches because we have sanctions looming over our heads. Auburn dishes out 20 million to get rid of their coach.... South Carolina dishes out 15.

Glad our incompetent administration decided to extend and report Pruitt in order to fire him for cause all in the same year.

Why does our admin love making bargain bin hires, yet give them absurd contracts and buyouts making their removal highly difficult? Maybe if they started hiring winners ages ago we wouldn't be a national embarrassment of a program.
How many screen names you got? 🤨

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back