Tony Elliot Reaching Out To Assistant Coaches Should He Become Tennessee HC

I actually like Tony Elliot. Just a hunch. Of course, my preference is a sitting power 5 head coach, but you never know who the next superstar coach is going to be. Dabo was a wide receiver coach before being promoted to HC and Clemson fans lost their mind at the beginning.

Interesting...a Clemson reporter said that Tony wasn’t contacted by Tennessee at all, yet here is this report.

There is some good foundation on staff for a capable coach. He might not have to fill too many slots, even if he wants his own people. The again, if he has some underappreciated homers, bring em and let's go.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
I actually like Tony Elliot. Just a hunch. Of course, my preference is a sitting power 5 head coach, but you never know who the next superstar coach is going to be. Dabo was a wide receiver coach before being promoted to HC and Clemson fans lost their mind at the beginning.
Many people want Tony Elliot, but I really don’t think we are in a position right now to hire an assistant to be a HC. He is good, but our situation is so messy we need experience to lead us through this IMO.

However, I have a strange feeling whoever leads us outta this mess, won’t be here when it’s all over. So, it could maybe make sense to hire an assistant to give them a chance to prove themselves outta this mess, then get the proven guy when all this is over.

Reactions: Ratvol
Many people want Tony Elliot, but I really don’t think we are in a position right now to hire an assistant to be a HC. He is good, but our situation is so messy we need experience to lead us through this IMO.
Would be better than Sonny, IMO.

And as I posted in another thread a while back, I work directly with a gentleman who is a former head coach of another sport at Clemson and knows that staff well. I trust what he says about Elliott being a good hire, but I'm also in the boat with not hiring another coordinator. JMO.

However, I have a strange feeling whoever leads us outta this mess, won’t be here when it’s all over. So, it could maybe make sense to hire an assistant to give them a chance to prove themselves outta this mess, then get the proven guy when all this is over.
UT is down. No question about it. But if (Big if) they are able to get us out of this mess, this is still the type of place you retire at. I still think this is the type of program that you can win a championship at, even though the program is on the ventilator and has been forever. If we get up and rolling again, we can easily be every bit the program that Georgia has been the past few years. And dare I say, even Clemson currently. We have that type of potential, which is what makes this 15 year mess so frustrating and why all of the fans are so mental sometimes.

VN Store

Back