Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiffin has been trolling our fan base all season and stealing our tight end recruits, yet our fan base falls for it every time. Oh, he wants to come back. All he wants is to weaken UT for an easy win next year.
This job is just not attractive right now. I do not think Sonny Dykes is an option. Tony Elliott has been in much demand in both college and NFL and has turned them all down. He has shown interest.
Chadwell and Napier - who knows. Everyone says Chadwell’s previous violations are no big deal, but we need squeaky clean. Napier who knows.
Earlier today, I had hoped for Fickell, but I think coaches are hesitant. If I had to guess - Elliott is the hire.
Elliott would be a home run. But with all the other jobs he turned down, does he really want this mess?

Reactions: Sleegro
VQ is melting down...More from AP...

“Look I continue to think there is someone else out there. This guy just isn’t this obvious imo. Has to pull rabbit even if it’s not a whale.”

“Guys here is where I’m at. I’m not sure I will believe it even if Dykes steps to the podium. I’ll be looking for Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne to show up and pull a mask off. 🤪

This is the guy that’s caused this board to surrender.

That AP update is hilarious. No way it’s actual real information. I mean...

- We know White met in Atlanta with some folks but don’t know who. But names that “pop up” are Sonny Dykes and Elliott. Lol what.

- There were in deep talks with James Franklin but he’s staying at PSU because of locker room upgrades. 😂 what?!

- Oh and White better not take Steele for granted because that will hurt his feelings and he’ll go elsewhere.

Is this real life? That has to be 100% made up nonsense. Not a chance AP knows anything relevant to this coaching search.
Ron this not going to any better than it has been, same old sh@@ show Ad no different than any others

Reactions: JayHud
i think info sharer reliability is a little more fluid than legit vs fraud. but this does read like he was confident in what he was told early because of who he feels the source is.... and is realizing people involved can think they're a little bit more important/bigger of a deal than they are and fluff it a little.

if we get a bad hire, its likely because of desirability of the job. DW has a track record outside of the UT bubble that's worked. this isnt hammy or currie. a struggling team with ncaa problems, brutal schedule and sky high expectations is not easy to walk into.

We just have to hope the person willing to walk into it rises to the challenge and doesn't break.
I have no idea if we will have a good hire or not but his newest update looks just like he read this site and made his own story around it..... feels we missed on number 1 who he doesn’t know his name..... feels Elliot May be number 2 if we will let him hire his own staff.... met at central location( we tracked planes to. Atlanta Georgia and was wondering which coaches he could meet there) scared if we have to move to option 3( I’m assuming it will be sonny dykes) I just don’t think he has real information.

Reactions: Sleegro
I have heard for two weeks that we’re going after a single candidate and would make a big offer. I also have heard that we had acceptable terms with a #2 candidate. I’ve assumed that is Elliot, but no one told me that. Last night I went to bed thinking we were going to land our first choice. We met three candidates today in a neutral location. That is from my friend. I had heard no one say anything about Franklin ever until today. Others in our circle have inserted his name where they have previously assumed Campbell. The facts I know from today are that we met three candidates in a neutral location. My friend said we had terms with a coach at about 2:30. DW didn’t return to Knoxville until around dinner. There’s a lot missing that I don’t know. What happened from 2:30 til dinner? And so on.

Stoerner updating now in coachery thread

VQ is melting down...More from AP...

“Look I continue to think there is someone else out there. This guy just isn’t this obvious imo. Has to pull rabbit even if it’s not a whale.”

“Guys here is where I’m at. I’m not sure I will believe it even if Dykes steps to the podium. I’ll be looking for Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne to show up and pull a mask off. 🤪

Last edited:
Let’s see 400 or so pages behind...won’t be able to catch up and don’t have much time been quite busy since sat. Everything is still progressing as planned. Don’t let any of this smoke from anyone in the media fool you. Everyone has an agenda. And so do we. DW knows EXACTLY what he is doing. This will wrap up quickly...negotiations and papering deals of this magnitude don’t just happen quickly especially when you are talking about the state our program is in. Be patient and be positive. I have been asked to respect the privacy of this search and I will...protecting that process makes us a better program long term.

Concerning a good HC....
ak55JOj.gif
Excellent GIF usage

Let’s see 400 or so pages behind...won’t be able to catch up and don’t have much time been quite busy since sat. Everything is still progressing as planned. Don’t let any of this smoke from anyone in the media fool you. Everyone has an agenda. And so do we. DW knows EXACTLY what he is doing. This will wrap up quickly...negotiations and papering deals of this magnitude don’t just happen quickly especially when you are talking about the state our program is in. Be patient and be positive. I have been asked to respect the privacy of this search and I will...protecting that process makes us a better program long term.
👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back