Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not hire a $1.8M AD to hire Dykes, Healy or some coordinator.

White is 6 for 6 is coaching searches. I believe he's already got his guy, just finalizing the details and wrapping everything up. He's not Currie and trying to get the media to fluff up a horrible hire.
This. You at least take a wildcard in Elliott not hang your legacy on a proven loser. Football hires make or break you at UT.

Reactions: VolsNUT
You do not hire a $1.8M AD to hire Dykes, Healy or some coordinator.

White is 6 for 6 is coaching searches. I believe he's already got his guy, just finalizing the details and wrapping everything up. He's not Currie and trying to get the media to fluff up a horrible hire.
I think he underestimated how little people think of this job. You can be the best AD in the world, but if no one wants your job, no one wants your job.

So we wanted this....

81MyKzaVfrL._SX425_.jpg

And ended up with this....

This is so wild. Logically, you don’t pay for DW and go get a subpar coach. Also logically, UT never really does anything logically, so who knows who our next coach is. You like actually can reason your way to anyone.

Logically tho, you can’t make someone walk into this sh*tstorm if they don’t want to, no matter how much money or job security you offer

Reactions: Sleegro
I bought into Butch I bought into Pruitt I just don’t think I can buy into Sonny Dykes. I dont love going the coordinator route again but I would buy into Tony Elliott and give him a shot. He’s a young talented coach with an offensive mind and is well respected. That’s the difference. At this point I’m pulling for him.

Wonder why D. White had so much confidence he could work his miracles in Knoxville?

Tennessee hasn’t been seen as a desirable job since Dooley, with the possible sanctions coming and players entering the portal left and right, maybe the best they could do was an Elliot type hire and hope for the best.

Reactions: Ace
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back