Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell is currently that very successful coach at a small school that you point to every year and think it's a matter of time before a big school lures him aware. Naturally, he's probably been at the top of the list for many openings...so you know he's going to be on the list for White. Not checking with him would be AD malpractice in this situation. You KNOW reps from Tennessee have reached out, yet there's not a single leak about him from the UT or ISU side. Other than fans talking about him and a passing mention by sports media...there's nothing notable out there. In the meantime, we're getting a lot of Elliott talk and some recent Fleck rumors. For an AD that's known to keep things quiet and push out a lot of misinformation, that's interesting to me. May not mean anything at all, but I like that nobody from the ISU side (outside of fans) are saying anything.

I just don’t see any evidence out there that says a head coach is the better way. In fact I see it as the opposite

clemson
LSU
Ohio state
Oklahoma

Are all coached by guys that weren’t sitting head coaches
Weren’t all these guys already on staff at programs that had tasted success? And not in a tail spin?

Reactions: vol494
Campbell is currently that very successful coach at a small school that you point to every year and think it's a matter of time before a big school lures him aware. Naturally, he's probably been at the top of the list for many openings...so you know he's going to be on the list for White. Not checking with him would be AD malpractice in this situation. You KNOW reps from Tennessee have reached out, yet there's not a single leak about him from the UT or ISU side. Other than fans talking about him and a passing mention by sports media...there's nothing notable out there. In the meantime, we're getting a lot of Elliott talk and some recent Fleck rumors. For an AD that's known to keep things quiet and push out a lot of misinformation, that's interesting to me. May not mean anything at all, but I like that nobody from the ISU side (outside of fans) are saying anything.

I wouldn’t call Iowa State a small school. If memory serves hasn’t Campbell turned us down before?

Can anyone please explain why Fleck is an option at all? He’s had 1 good year and that was followed by an abysmal year at Minn. how can that 1 year be justified into potential success in the SEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back