Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dictator-like.......committed recruits can't take visits to other programs I read also.

I just hate the ideology that I'm feeling I'm being forced to have to support another coordinator hire when Plowman all but said money was no object and the consensus of VN is KiffIn/Freeze and only 2 above that are in NFL. I do like Fickell, Campbell, Napier and could support them easily also.

I get it though. Hiring Kiffin or Freeze gives off the vibe that we're snubbing our noses at the NCAA and maybe some want to avoid that but where does winning ballgames enter the script? I think it's 1st and foremost.
Plenty of coordinators become stars, it happens every cycle. It's so lazy to compare Elliot and Pruitt

In our defense Marcus Spears, Finebaum, and other said the same thing on SEC network. In spite of the revisionist history, Pruitt was highly thought of as a DC
We always want the opposite of the last guy. Got behind Pruitt because he seemed exactly opposite of butch, who we got behind cause he seemed opposite of Dooley. Recency bias is strong.

Good find, thanks for sharing

Hilliard added on what White looks for in the process of hiring a coach, “It’s a lot, but it all starts with integrity - he’s not looking at you if you take shortcuts and aren’t honest and have great character. From there, you have to have been successful and have a good record as a coach, be a great recruiter and developer of people. It’s all about the student-athletes, so if you can’t develop them into great people (athletically, academically, socially and spiritually) the X’s and O’s aren’t going to matter. The full choice was decided after all of the extensive research was compiled on candidates and he received input from the student-athletes on what they want in a head coach as well. He makes extremely well-informed decisions in everything that he does, so he thinks about it and goes with his gut!”

Hilliard, a Tennessee alumni and continued fan of the program, said on White’s future hire, “As a fan and alum myself, I have ZERO worries that Danny will find the absolute best head football coach for the program. The best thing Tennessee fans can do is to trust him and let him work his magic!”

I still think it's going to be a head coach.

I don't think it's going to be Kiffin or Freeze.

We always want the opposite of the last guy. Got behind Pruitt because he seemed exactly opposite of butch, who we got behind cause he seemed opposite of Dooley. Recency bias is strong.
And we want to believe so badly this is the one... So we do... Until he's not.

Seen it a hundred times.

Reactions: VOLED
I think some of you have taken this line about Danny White being some sort of covert spy way too seriously.

Same **** was said about Currie and about Fulmer.
Has Grundy gotten a raise yet? Not the same coaching search at all. Currie was flying all over the place offering anyone who answered his call (even a guy who worked at a Flying J) if they wanted to be our coach.

Then Fulmer flies up to New York and hold court like he’s a mafia don.

AD White is not the same at all.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Agree. And then blame the former for the first 2 years at least until you can’t anymore. Unfortunately this time.... i think it’s fair to blame them for at least a year.

Reactions: Sleegro
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back