Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiring Stoops would make a splash and he would put together a great staff, but it's not realistic to see him being around for a long time.
Yep. But he brings the standard and culture that needs to be instilled here. Also if you bring in a Head Coach in Waiting, you can instill the family atmosphere and minimize staff turnover when Stoops retires. Its a Longshot but its probably the quickest way back.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Shaw is a program builder and as respected as anyone. With the right OC he can recruit and sell the academic side while being one of the most intelligent coaches I have listened to. He could want out of the sinking ship in the Pac 12 and this would be a prime place to put it back together. Not glamorous but a hell of a football coach. He’s only 48. He represents himself I believe as well.

Shaw is a program builder and as respected as anyone. With the right OC he can recruit and sell the academic side while being one of the most intelligent coaches I have listened to. He could want out of the sinking ship in the Pac 12 and this would be a prime place to put it back together. Not glamorous but a hell of a football coach. He’s only 48. He represents himself I believe as well.
Hard pass.
No no no no no no no.

Reactions: Megatron88
This lines up with what Hubbs is saying. Every name leaking are back up options. White is swinging for the whale. If he doesn’t take it, then talks with these names will get serious.

So you think Campbell is a backup option? I mean, if so, we've got to be swinging for Bob Stoops or Peterson, right?
(not arguing ... asking ... chit chat)

The latest from SF

“No planes flew anywhere today. No new offers were made. We have the same primary target. I still don’t know who that is, unfortunately. I realize everyone will turn on me soon, if I can’t get a name. Kudos to White for getting everyone to behave. Of the names the media has mentioned, Elliot and Fleck are backup plans. Others mentioned are just air. My friend said that every candidate has been asked to provide a sample staffing plan, recruiting territory plan, and vision for the program. The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure. If we move down the list, their will be a letdown among the boosters. They’re all very confident that they have a bulletproof plan. If we miss, I’m sure White will find a good fit. It just may not be the big fish they believe we’ve already landed.”

Matt Campbell is not a Sexton client

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back