Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well honestly it's about fit too. Some of those coaches may have thrived in other situations. Even though Miles is sucking right now but could he have done better somewhere other than KS? Could Frost be better say at Florida?

I wanted Miles instead of Pruitt. He would have done much better and left this program in better shape.

Well for one, Minnesota 27ppg this year and ole miss was 39ppg. Need a high powerful offense and that's what Kiffins excels in. Players want Kiffin
So... one year offensive comparison when kiffin has at least double the athletes and QB that Minnesota has??... that’s it?

Ok so I’m proud you admit you wanted Miles

Honesty the last 10 years hiring coaches has seem to get much harder. It just seems so very unpredictable but I had a post earlier where the assistant coaches hired had been way most successful than hiring sitting head coaches over the last 6-8 years.

I can recall all these coaches being proclaimed as the next great coach around here

frost
Kelly
Strong
Fuente
Taggert
Novell
Sumlin

and they all are awful. I’d say 99.9 % of us at some point would have jumped for joy for at least one those names. Now we’d vomit and that just goes to show you it’s very hard to know how good some coaches are

You won't find a single post from me that supported any of those guys. I've supported the idea of Gruden, sort of supported Kiffin, and this time I've added Campbell and Herman. Those are my top 4 at the moment. If we don't get one of them I'm joining Vol Twitter for the revolution. jmo.

The latest from SF

“No planes flew anywhere today. No new offers were made. We have the same primary target. I still don’t know who that is, unfortunately. I realize everyone will turn on me soon, if I can’t get a name. Kudos to White for getting everyone to behave. Of the names the media has mentioned, Elliot and Fleck are backup plans. Others mentioned are just air. My friend said that every candidate has been asked to provide a sample staffing plan, recruiting territory plan, and vision for the program. The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure. If we move down the list, their will be a letdown among the boosters. They’re all very confident that they have a bulletproof plan. If we miss, I’m sure White will find a good fit. It just may not be the big fish they believe we’ve already landed.”

Honestly best case scenario is Stoops for 5 years with Elliott coming in as HCIW. But the likelihood of that is equal to the chance I have of marrying Jennifer Lawerence
Hiring Stoops would make a splash and he would put together a great staff, but it's not realistic to see him being around for a long time.

The latest from SF

“No planes flew anywhere today. No new offers were made. We have the same primary target. I still don’t know who that is, unfortunately. I realize everyone will turn on me soon, if I can’t get a name. Kudos to White for getting everyone to behave. Of the names the media has mentioned, Elliot and Fleck are backup plans. Others mentioned are just air. My friend said that every candidate has been asked to provide a sample staffing plan, recruiting territory plan, and vision for the program. The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure. If we move down the list, their will be a letdown among the boosters. They’re all very confident that they have a bulletproof plan. If we miss, I’m sure White will find a good fit. It just may not be the big fish they believe we’ve already landed.”
This lines up with what Hubbs is saying. Every name leaking are back up options. White is swinging for the whale. If he doesn’t take it, then talks with these names will get serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back