Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fleck is a "B" hire for me. Everyone not named Kiffin or Campbell that's been mentioned is below that. If we've hired a $2mil AD and that's the best he can do I'll have doubts of whether he's worth the money.
There's a reason we have a $2m ad. Lol. That reason is reason #1a top notch coach says thanks but no thanks...

Lol. Let's not preemptively fire the guy one day on the job for what he might not be able to do, sure to the mess he's been hired to fix.

1611453858510.gif

I hope you guys arent still so gullible, after everything we've been thru... to say "Fleck will get it done here!"
He wont, my dudes. He will be average in the SEC because he is an average hire.
His offense will not be successful in the SEC.
I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just looking at it from an unbiased perspective.
He is an average hire.
He damn sure isn't worth everything the program went thru to get rid of Pruitt.

If we keep bringing in bargain bin coaches, experiments type hires it will never end. We could have paid $10/year for a coach with all the buyouts we've paid. I've said all along we're going to have to spend our way out of this. One way to get out of this mess and that's to pay a proven guy. Everyone has a price. If they hire Fleck I give him a 50/50 chance. The others mentioned, I'd give them a 25% chance.
This. Also, why are you surprised that Bru Bear has absolutely garbage hot takes? He always picks the contrarian position. He may call it playing devil’s advocate but we know his shtick. He’s been around here too long to not see through it. Just ignore his hit takes and don’t let it rustle your jimmies. That’s why he does it, to get reactions.

I hope you guys arent still so gullible, after everything we've been thru... to say "Fleck will get it done here!"
He wont, my dudes. He will be average in the SEC because he is an average hire.
His offense will not be successful in the SEC.
I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just looking at it from an unbiased perspective.
He is an average hire.
He damn sure isn't worth everything the program went thru to get rid of Pruitt.
Fleck has built 2 programs. This is a bad take.

I'm waiting it out for sure but if the names mentioned are what we end up with it's more of the same. No way am I buying tickets for another science experiment. I'll watch from afar. Hoping it turns out much better than it appears right now.

Wow you wouldn’t be happy with MC?

XucFDWh.gif

giphy.gif

Wishful thinking.

I can only think of 2 times we've hired a first time head coach in my lifetime. One of them won a national championship. One of them just got fired. It's hard not to let recency bias influence our choices but it's usually a good idea to try.
Yeah I’m not opposed to the idea of hire assistants as HC. What I’m opposed to is doing it after a decade of failing in general. Failing to the point of most people in their 30s not even remembering UT has being good because we were to young to really experience it. At this moment, if there’s an assistant that’s like a young Lebron James/basket ball, or a Sidney Crosby/hockey type of generational up and coming coach then absolutely. But it really needs to be a for sure thing, like so much so that every single program would need to be desperately needing this coach. Even Alabama looking to the future, though they would have to pass not to cause conflict with their current cash cow.

We are so deep in the whole now that UT can not go thru another experiment. UT is a joke, even when expected to be good people know UT will mess it up, it’s predictable. the older fans, and the admin have been way to comfortable because the successes of the past have provided them with breathing room. But that can not, and has not proved to last for ever. The players we are going after, or need haven’t even been alive for UT to be dominant, let alone remember UT being dominant.

I guess we can try it again, and hope that UTs prestige from a 23 year old NC can keep us afloat when it could fail again. I just think we’ve tried it this way for far too long. It’s time to finally say enough, we can not keep making the same mistakes. There’s only one thing they haven’t done in a very long time, and that’s get a proven HC that’s a winner. If none will come, then I can respect that they’ve tried. But being around long enough I truest up until now haven’t had a the slightest bit of faith that they’ve cared enough to put winning in football as a top priority. They’ve known they could hire whomever, and the rather large fan base would show up as always to generate the funds that cover all the other athletics.

I think you've been awesome with your hires at UCF Danny White....... with that being said... This Is TN... Don't F@$k this up! Our fanbase is alot larger than UCF..Thanks

Reactions: ugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back