Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly - he or his associates are intentionally planting names they don’t represent to drive negative reaction. Muddying the waters for DW in hopes it forces him to fold to influences of boosters who are tightly linked to Sexton
Thought someone said DW was going to be insulated from boosters.

Last edited:
You went through all that to end up in the middle of Fleck & Dykes. Might wanna go back to sleep.
giphy.gif
Feels like a nightmare

Reactions: VFLPastor
Have you been laying attention at all to what's happened the last 15 to 20 years culminating in the disaster that just played out.

I mean we did well to get the best possible guy to fix it but these aren't the Vols of the 90's and early 2000's. Elite coaches aren't seeking this job out.
ADs probably don’t want the challenge either....

No no Childers actually LOVES DW. He truly believes whatever hire DW makes is the right one.

Said he understands Vols’ fans skepticism of another coaching search but DW is the guy and we are in good hands.
That’s good. I didn’t listen at all this week, but I’ve heard him trash the program in the past.

Reactions: MarcoVol
It's different in this job. It chews up and spits out inexperienced and unprepared coaches. If we were going to hire a "b" level or below coach, should not have went "A" on the AD.

You have to trust his process and hire. He has proven he can do it. This is not a “hope he can hire a good coach.” Literally his entire career as AD, he has made good hires. Not sure why we do this to people. Some were doing it to Plowman until they realized she could actually hire competent people. Except for Rick Barnes, Danny White is probably the best thing to happen in our AD in 10 years.

Fleck isn’t inexperienced or unprepared. Maybe not my first choice, but this won’t be his first rodeo.

Maybe DW is floating Dykes just so we will be so grateful it's not him that we will be very happy with Elliott.

I am kidding. I really don't think there's any chance it's Dykes.
Brice’s article is sourced from assistant coaches these candidates are calling to ask about the Tennessee job. It isn’t sourced from DW or someone at Tennessee.

I know fans don't choose coaches...I get what he said....But White has never been in charge of a fan base this large and crazy dedicated....I believe he will pick a good hire from his track record, but I still really believe the coach that would bring the most energy to fans and players is Kiffin... not vetting him regardless of how he left here in the past would be stupid...so I hope they at least talk to him

Reactions: stephp4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back