Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Danny White hire as AD. Best AD hire since Dickey. We have had terrible AD's and a cluster of an Admin for the past 20 years. No wonder we have fallen so much in Football and Womens Basketball.

It's Matt Campbell or bust. No coordinators need apply. Bring on the FU MONEY!

Hire needs to happen fast. Like today or tomorrow.

Worst hire we could make? Steele was a legitimate candidate a couple of days ago. I don't think he should have Saban like control, but he could easily be LSU HC next year. Again, it doesn't matter because he doesn't want this job, but the guy has a solid resume.
Worst because we’ve seen a two guys with the same personality type fail already. Why try that again?

I never considered Steele a legit candidate

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I keep having that sneaky suspicion as well.

Also Gary Patterson. He could see the house-cleaning at the UTAD as a reason to put to bed his grudge about being shat on before. Or at least Danny might could sell him on that.

His last couple years at TCU have all the earmarks of a situation that maybe has run it’s course and needs a change. Not unlike Barnes at Texas. Sort of.
I just can't help but think it's Stoops. I don't think Patterson will come after how Mike Hamilton handled the Coaching search back in 2009 like the bumbling idiot he was

Reactions: VOLED
I keep having that sneaky suspicion as well.

Also Gary Patterson. He could see the house-cleaning at the UTAD as a reason to put to bed his grudge about being shat on before. Or at least Danny might could sell him on that.

His last couple years at TCU have all the earmarks of a situation that maybe has run it’s course and needs a change. Not unlike Barnes at Texas. Sort of.

Don't know if Patterson fits White's profile or not. However, he is a really good coach.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I took a look at all of the NFL HCs and OCs. I don’t believe there are any that would really fit what we are looking for.
The thing about his Oregon tenure. His issue was on the defensive side of the ball. Nick A retired. The. They promoted Don Pellum ( their Sal Sunseri). Then in a pivotal year 4. He hired Brady Hoke and tried to switch from a 34 to a 43. Pair him with Steele and I think he would be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back