Tony Elliott Appears To Be a Target

I wasn’t kidding yesterday when I said he is apparently White’s top target. Manning just doesn’t seem to agree with that strategy and is pushing back. Like everyone else, I’ve got a “source.” TIFWIW

We will see, there’s a lot of speculation out there. I think 1/2 of this Tony Elliott stuff is due to him trying to hire him at UCF. I think Tony is on the short list but I don’t think he’s numero uno. Apparently Tennessee is looking to shill out around 7mil for the HC so I believe they will be going after a bigger fish first.

No, we don’t revolt... that situation was entirely different.
Bullcrap! At least part of the rage about Schiano was how underwhelming he was for a program like UT. The reaction was, "You said you were going to get an elite coach and that's your guy????" If they hire another unproven coordinator or a Google coach, there will be a bigger backlash than there was when the Schiano news came out.

I can’t fathom we’d hire Clemson’s oc. He’s never been a head coach (obviously) and also it’s really hard to evaluate anyone in that position at Clemson as they’ve had so much taken to work with and played so few good teams. Chad Morris should be used as a cautionary tale here

VN Store

Back