"If you're going to be negative, text or call a friend. Don't put it on social media. Let's be positive about our program"

Negative people want to be right basically. It's easier to fail than to succeed and more likely given UT's recent history. I guess people just don't realize that sometimes negativity leads to self-fulfilling prophecies. Who do you admire more: The person who says after we win this game (beat Alabama) we get a cupcake next week. They say this every week no matter what the outcome was last week...Or the person who says we are gonna get boat-raced?Sometimes being right should not be the objective. Being supportive and positive creates results.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Maybe the plan is to raise the actual production level of the fanbase in and out of Neyland. You can be a fan and among those that are always in the group that everybody acknowledges every team has, but the program would better off with fans that follow the leaderships game plan that is defined for them, just like for those on the field. Not getting unnecessary personal fouls for example. Costs you 15 yards on the field, harder to define when they are committed in social media. Some are inadvertent and some are obviously intentional. I think he was pretty clear what one of the preferred basic tenets for the tenants of Neyland is IN HIS GAMEPLAN. Avoid the intentional. Those that justify their actions on the field get less respect from everybody. Lack of self control is hardly ever a virtue.

It's one thing to be negative, aka calling it like you see it when the situation warrants, but it's another thing altogether to only come around to spew venom during the dark times.

Some of you ambulance chasers know I'm talking to you.

Negative people want to be right basically. It's easier to fail than to succeed and more likely given UT's recent history. I guess people just don't realize that sometimes negativity leads to self-fulfilling prophecies. Who do you admire more: The person who says after we win this game (beat Alabama) we get a cupcake next week. They say this every week no matter what the outcome was last week...Or the person who says we are gonna get boat-raced?Sometimes being right should not be the objective. Being supportive and positive creates results.

Lol...so why didn't that positivity at the begging of season 2 under Pruitt, translate to wins over Georgia State and BYU?

Are you really proposing that a 'tinkerbell scenario' actually exists whereby, if fans believe hard enough, it will affect the outcome come of games?

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Hmmmm. I suddenly have an urge for a Big Mac. Heck, I may supersize that.

Go VOLS

What's the actual question?
Apologies my dear fellow, I thought you self-identified as a negavol. If not, mea culpa.

In any event, do you not agree that it is better to support the administration/players unreservedly unless there are behavior/conduct issues that would preclude that type of aid?

The forever negative folks are not the ones packing Neyland. They are mostly the ones griping without any real investment of any kind, the entitled ones.

Lol, are you really postulating that the people showing up on game day, are all 'sunshine pumpers' who are just happy to watch the vols play, and don't care about the success of the program?

Apologies my dear fellow, I thought you self-identified as a negavol. If not, mea culpa.

In any event, do you not agree that it is better to support the administration/players unreservedly unless there are behavior/conduct issues that would preclude that type of aid?

Define "support". I wouldn't consider judging the coach/administration/player on their body of work as being "unsupportive".

Reactions: UTNOW20
Lol, are you really postulating that the people showing up on game day, are all 'sunshine pumpers' who are just happy to watch the vols play, and don't care about the success of the program?
That's not what I said at all; RIF.

Do you think the negative people are packing Neyland?

If he tries to force another coordinator down our throats, he can just jump back on a plane to UCF.

That's not what I said at all; RIF.

Do you think the negative people are packing Neyland?
Have you actually been to a game in the last decade? I have, multiple games per season until 2017, and the sentiment in the stands was not a good one with everyone within earshot talking about whether or not the team will actually show up, or whether the coaches will have figured out how to coach yet.

Hell most were already talking about when they should leave to try beat traffic, before the game even started.

Have you actually been to a game in the last decade? I have, multiple games per season until 2017, and the sentiment in the stands was not a good one with everyone within earshot talking about whether or not the team will actually show up, or whether the coaches will have figured out how to coach yet.

Hell most were already talking about when they should leave to try beat traffic, before the game even started.
How could I possibly get a ticket with all you negative folks grabbing them?

You clearly do not understand the difference between negativity and disappointment.

How could I possibly get a ticket with all you negative folks grabbing them?

You clearly do not understand the difference between negativity and disappointment.

You clearly want to change the definition based on your own agenda.

Not a good look to start right out with the "fan police" routine.

A certain contingent here will be tickled as H*ll, though
He understood the risk, but determined it was worthwhile to set a tone. It was not a statement made off the cuff. With fan emotions where they are today, it was a calculated risk that a tone could be set without endangering fan emotions to any further detriment. Dan uses communication and social media more wisely than any athletic administrator I've witnessed. He needs to harness Vol Twitter to utilize it to its full potential.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
There will be people on this board who get mad if we don’t win 9 games this year and blame the coach for being incompetent no matter the circumstances

White sees a problem some fans are contributing to and asks them to help fix it. It is certainly their right to ignore him and continue to hurt the program. I mean he can't know what he is talking about. And whining is more important than winning to lots of folks.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Not a good look to start right out with the "fan police" routine.

A certain contingent here will be tickled as H*ll, though

Agreed. No one likes the negativity. I’d say why don’t you (White) stfu and give us something to be positive about. You don’t go out to the hungry and tell them to stop whining about being hungry. You give them something to eat.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

VN Store

Back