Hugh Freeze Liberty: 1
Billy Napier LA Lafayette: 2
Matt Campbell Iowa State: 4
Neal Brown West Virginia: 5
Luke Fickell Cincinnati: 7
Scott Satterfield Louisville: 8
Lane Kiffin Ole Miss: 16 (+1 five star)
Scott Frost Nebraska: 22
Jeremy Pruitt Tennessee: 31 (+5 five stars)
yeahhhh Campbell is impressive

None of us have a clue who it will be and, to be honest, there are no sure things. Herman was a sure thing but how did that turn out at Texas? Frost was the hot name and he's been awful at Nebraska. Even when we look at our top targets Campbell and Fickell, and even Lane, who knows what they would do here. Campbell has no ties to the south, plays in an easy conference, and there's no certainty that he could handle a job of this magnitude. Fickell? We've tried Cincinnatti before. He also had some blunders at the end of that GA game. He's not a sure thing. Lane would be exciting, but his resume isn't necessarily without flaw. If we paired him with the right DC he could be deadly, sure. But then again, he may get us in trouble or bolt on us again. We don't know.

And then, you look at Dabo, who thought that would work out? And look where he is. Anyway, so I'm just going to see who Danny hires and have hope that whoever it is will be the right guy. Unless he hires Steele or someone like that and then I'll be firmly out! lol
All I’m gonna say when was the last “Homerun hire” successful?

AP on Wanya and Henry
"I’m just told to expect them back. Who reported that? If you are looking at UT online then that is wrong from time to time. One current player got an errant email saying they owed for spring or they would be dropped from classes. That player didn’t come off scholarship as everything is fine but obviously an error occurred."

This would be a name that isn't on any lists that would come out of nowhere, but would fit all the things White described he is looking for in a coach. The guy is only 56 and sitting on his couch. You have to think he wants back in. Maybe White has a connection? Would be the best possible hire IMO.
first, i agree with the merit of your post....

but the issue with him is he left udub b/c of the pressure, right? uh...maybe this isn't for him?

Where our doctors at? I have a question. Just got off the phone with my mom's doctor's office. Been trying to get pathology results, but until now, they've not been in. Apparently they came in, but I was told they couldn't say anything, that the doctor would discuss the results at her follow-up. Am I right to assume that's bad? If it were clean, wouldn't they just tell me?
I agree that it’s SOP. I had an MRI done one time, and I work for the healthcare system that operates the diagnostic center, so I knew the techs. I knew they could see the image and probably knew what was what. On my way out I asked them if they saw anything and they went with the company line “the doctor will have to read it and then will let you know”. I gave them the stink eye and one of them said “it looked fine”...and it ended up being fine.

I know @Atlanta VOL can't say much, but dude you could just kill this Kiffin stuff right now. I don't understand why if it is not a possibility that it is not just brutally squashed...all you or any other trusted insider have to do is say..."Kiffin is not happening"..and it will be over with.

But if they don't know they can't squash it.

Watching Danny's press conference and listening to him it sounds like even if he has his candidates already picked out he's keeping that information to himself for the time being.

This is a good thread. I've enjoyed it over the last few days.
It started as a joke when Ubben began posting negative UT stuff last year, and we started not liking him...one of the guys posted something like "Yeah..I heard Ubben sells bootleg cigarettes to minors out of his trunk" and it went from there

None of us have a clue who it will be and, to be honest, there are no sure things. Herman was a sure thing but how did that turn out at Texas? Frost was the hot name and he's been awful at Nebraska. Even when we look at our top targets Campbell and Fickell, and even Lane, who knows what they would do here. Campbell has no ties to the south, plays in an easy conference, and there's no certainty that he could handle a job of this magnitude. Fickell? We've tried Cincinnatti before. He also had some blunders at the end of that GA game. He's not a sure thing. Lane would be exciting, but his resume isn't necessarily without flaw. If we paired him with the right DC he could be deadly, sure. But then again, he may get us in trouble or bolt on us again. We don't know.

And then, you look at Dabo, who thought that would work out? And look where he is. Anyway, so I'm just going to see who Danny hires and have hope that whoever it is will be the right guy. Unless he hires Steele or someone like that and then I'll be firmly out! lol
Excellent post! I'm screenshooting this to read again in the Fall when things get bumpy, cuz I know we still have a long ways to go!

More from Stoerner's Fumble
"There’s a top target, and five candidates. If making the list a figurative object is easier for you to handle, then do that. There is no literal list. They aren’t deciding who the targets are after getting approval from the team. I can state that with a great deal of confidence. I believe we have a coach, barring the inability to come to specific terms. I have more than one confirming source. I also know that they have a plan for what to do if things fall through, and what to do after that. As I said earlier, this search and hire will be tight and fast and free of embarrassment. It doesn’t begin today."

More from Stoerner's Fumble
"There’s a top target, and five candidates. If making the list a figurative object is easier for you to handle, then do that. There is no literal list. They aren’t deciding who the targets are after getting approval from the team. I can state that with a great deal of confidence. I believe we have a coach, barring the inability to come to specific terms. I have more than one confirming source. I also know that they have a plan for what to do if things fall through, and what to do after that. As I said earlier, this search and hire will be tight and fast and free of embarrassment. It doesn’t begin today."
Man the anticipation is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back