Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be sure...... But Basillio in his blogin his blog pointed out Kiffin reached out this week..... He has also said Kiffin reached out the day Pruitt is fired. He has been spot on so far with his information.
His info would still be spot on. Just a smidge delayed. And until we had an AD, speaking with boosters doesn't guarantee anything.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
His info would still be spot on. Just a smidge delayed. And until we had an AD, speaking with boosters doesn't guarantee anything.
He would be a fine hire, but I don't think anything is guaranteed at this point. 2 days ago this fan base was convinced it was either Mark Ingram or Gilbert for AD.... we ended up with someone nobody even knew about until 2 hours or so before the school announced it. So then why would they be this public about who the new coach is?

He would be a fine hire, but I don't think anything is guaranteed at this point. 2 days ago this fan base was convinced it was either Mark Ingram or Gilbert for AD.... we ended up with someone nobody even knew about until 2 hours or so before the school announced it. So then why would they be this public about who the new coach is?
Only booster talk right now. White still needs to approach the list. i hope it's not suspect Leopold or Chadwell type hire.

Whew....finally caught up on the night shift portion of the thread. 40 pages.

After reading some of the latest discussion points, I have come away less convinced that Kiffin is a real option also going to be the pick. I am sad. I hope I am wrong, because I think he’d bring the energy and buzz around the fanbase that we really need.

Rocky Top needs a kick in the pants and to get some excitement again.

After reading some of the latest discussion points, I have come away less convinced that Kiffin is a real option also going to be the pick. I am sad. I hope I am wrong, because I think he’d bring the energy and buzz around the fanbase that we really need.

Nah man, I still feel good about it. I kept up all night on the road driving to Houston from Chattanooga. People just throwing s*** on the wall having a good time and what not. Soon.....

Only booster talk right now. White still needs to approach the list. i hope it's not suspect Leopold or Chadwell type hire.
Again you just proved my point. A week ago this fan base would've killed for Chadwell to be here, now he isn't good enough because this Kiffin stuff has ran wild.

Man, I feel like Eeyore here. The nads are calloused.

Reactions: BarrythesnoUT
What’s this in the war room about Eric Gray possibly coming back?

Hubbs.... buddy..... no sources here but it seems pretty damned clear the young man is one of the kids that we’re getting in trouble for. You come off as clueless and out of touch by not acknowledging that this investigation is what is leading to these kids transferring out.
Well per something Tom Mars posted. If the kids stay they can get a waiver to play even if they were involved in the investigation. However, those that are bolting and were under investigation may have a hard time receiving a waiver to play at their new school.

Again you just proved my point. A week ago this fan base would've killed for Chadwell to be here, now he isn't good enough because this Kiffin stuff has ran wild.
It's not because of kiffin. You don't hire a top 4 AD at a top 3 salary to go get Chadwell at bargain bin prices. You do it so your 8m mark is listened to be proven candidates.

I don’t think it is the Kiffin rumors but more UT proving that they are serious and possibly swimming in different waters than before...... To be honest, I trust that Whitr knows what he is looking for and will trust he made the right hire no matter who it is.

Could it be sure...... But Basillio in his blogin his blog pointed out Kiffin reached out this week..... He has also said Kiffin reached out the day Pruitt is fired. He has been spot on so far with his information.
You are absolutely right. He has been on this one. Although, I was on the periscope feed for his show yesterday and the listeners actually broke the news on the AD before he did. He wasn't sure it was true as he read the messages coming in on periscope and immediately went to break. You could see him get on the phone with his "source" and then when he came back from break he confirmed it was true.

You are absolutely right. He has been on this one. Although, I was on the periscope feed for his show yesterday and the listeners actually broke the news on the AD before he did yesterday. He wasn't sure it was true as he read the messages coming in on periscope and immediately went to break. You could see him get on the phone with his "source" and then when he came back from break he confirmed it was true.
Same thing with BH and AP someone else broke the hire on VQ and they even gave them credit. Right now our media is in the dark.

It's not because of kiffin. You don't hire a top 4 AD at a top 3 salary to go get Chadwell at bargain bin prices. You do it so your 8m mark is listened to be proven candidates.
Thats fine if you use him to show your swimming in different waters. I just think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people because they have their hearts set on him and won't be happy with someone else.

Reactions: Sleegro
Well per something Tom Mars posted. If the kids stay they can get a waiver to play even if they were involved in the investigation. However, those that are bolting and were under investigation may have a hard time receiving a waiver to play at their new school.

Interesting. But I’m thinking if To’oto’o met with compliance, based on his tweet, that he didn’t want to leave. Same with Gray - based on his tweet. Seems like if they felt like they could stay, they would.

I hope it works out to where they can. It’s gonna suck to see these kids get drafted next year and not see Tennessee Volunteers as their listed school.

I don’t think it is the Kiffin rumors but more UT proving that they are serious and possibly swimming in different waters than before...... To be honest, I trust that Whitr knows what he is looking for and will trust he made the right hire no matter who it is.
I like white and absolutely trust him. I just think there are a lot who won't accept someone who isn't kiffin because of how rampant his name is running through the media at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back