For all the naysayers

Benionsopinion

If Ucon is indeed the team that you have cited them being,then I say that our Lady Vols are right in the conversation. To my old eyes,had two of our top three shown up with their usual games,our Ladies would have won. But we all know about ifs and buts. This Lady Vol team is getting better and better. Good game,Ladies,keep playing hard.

UCONN truthfully is perhaps top 10-15 team. They looked like trash. Pat had some wasted talent McDonalds All Americans sitting on her bench back in the day... Its a bit refreshing to see even Geno isn’t a magic wand for everyone (Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Evina Devil Westbrook, etc)

I don't know that I agree. Tennessee is maybe a Top 25 team. Could be a Top 15 team perhaps. But the conversation is South Carolina, UConn, Stanford, NC State (!?), and Louisville. Maybe Maryland and A&M. That's the conversation. UConn's got 1-2 road clunkers on a lot of their season schedules; I think Cincinatti one year, UCF another year. Seems to happen to them from time to time. But most of those teams who "almost" get them end up not being in the conversation either.

I would like it if Tennessee could learn something from this. Beyond that, I don't think we know much more about Tennessee tonight than we did last night. UConn has played us tight the last two times - I think the rivalry still gets them amped up to the point they're tight coming out. The size of Tennessee got to them, to be sure, but they also just play out of joint for a while before settling in. We haven't yet found a way to take advantage of that. Maybe we'll get another chance this year. Maybe next year.

I don't know that I agree. Tennessee is maybe a Top 25 team. Could be a Top 15 team perhaps. But the conversation is South Carolina, UConn, Stanford, NC State (!?), and Louisville. Maybe Maryland and A&M. That's the conversation. UConn's got 1-2 road clunkers on a lot of their season schedules; I think Cincinatti one year, UCF another year. But most of those teams end up in the conversation either.

I would like it if Tennessee could learn something from this. Beyond that, I don't think we know much more about Tennessee tonight than we did last night. UConn has played us tight the last two times - I think the rivalry still gets them amped up to the point they're tight coming out. The size of Tennessee got to them, to be sure, but they also just play out of joint for a while before settling in. We haven't yet found a way to take advantage of that. Maybe we'll get another chance.

Until we can learn to bust a zone and eliminate turnovers, we’re merely fodder for the great teams.

Coach Harper is getting there, but she needs another class or two of her players.

I don't know that I agree. Tennessee is maybe a Top 25 team. Could be a Top 15 team perhaps. But the conversation is South Carolina, UConn, Stanford, NC State (!?), and Louisville. Maybe Maryland and A&M. That's the conversation. UConn's got 1-2 road clunkers on a lot of their season schedules; I think Cincinatti one year, UCF another year. Seems to happen to them from time to time. But most of those teams who "almost" get them end up in the conversation either.

I would like it if Tennessee could learn something from this. Beyond that, I don't think we know much more about Tennessee tonight than we did last night. UConn has played us tight the last two times - I think the rivalry still gets them amped up to the point they're tight coming out. The size of Tennessee got to them, to be sure, but they also just play out of joint for a while before settling in. We haven't yet found a way to take advantage of that. Maybe we'll get another chance this year. Maybe next year.
If we play them again we will win . Mark my words ! No scoring as usual from Davis or Horston and we only lose by 6 with a PB savior 3 pointer in the last 30 seconds as the difference. We can beat UCONN in March we’re improving!

Until we can learn to bust a zone and eliminate turnovers, we’re merely fodder for the great teams.

Coach Harper is getting there, but she needs another class or two of her players.
True. Only 26 points in the second half when UConn played zone almost exclusively. We played the fourth quarter like we didn't want to lose the game, rather than playing to win the game.

Seems to me we were hanging in there until Horston started giving the ball away every other possession and taking bad shots. What's the upside playing a player who is great 25% of the time and utterly horrible 75% of the time? Pretty much the same could be said for Suarez. Davis was practically a ghost. Thank God for Rhea and Keyes.

Setting aside the "patriotic" numbskulls who only appeared late in the game when it appeared we were going to lose by a bundle (before the late comeback)...which appears to be their plan for the rest of the season unless we're winning...

Which of us before the game wouldn't have taken the score with us down by 2 in the 4th quarter with 33 seconds left?

For those saying we don't want "moral victories," you're wrong...at least for some of us. Like it or not, we're rebuilding a program that was in disarray. We are looking for progress...and "moral victories" are signs of progress.

The fact that we're beating ranked teams and that our losses are close and to good teams and even a top 10 team...especially when some of our most highly-rated recruits are having off nights...is a great sign.

Key is looking much better than early on. The bench is contributing. It's disappointing that we blew chances to win in all three of our losses, but would we rather have the beatdown our men got against Florida?

This could have been the "signature win" we're looking for...although the Kellie haters would have still found fault and blamed it on UConn not beong any good (the same team they said would be "unbeatable" and a shoo-in for a title and that we had absolutely no chance of beating).

I declare, as much as I dislike A and his beloved Elvira, I believe I'd rather have seen us win just to make the haters here look like the childish no-nothings they are.

Last edited:
If UCONN is #3 then we’re definitely Top 10. So we’re better than people assume and their not as good as people project as usual. Give us UCONN in our bracket in March I’ll be confident we can handle them !
Does that mean that Georgia is a top 10 team seeing how they beat Tennessee? You can't go by comparative scores. If UConn had hit their free throws the game would not have been close. Tennessee needs to cut down on fouls and turnovers. Tennessee is a top team but I don't know if you want to play UConn in the Tournament. Remember, Tennessee has won as many games as UConn has played. They have very little continuity in games played. None of your players have tournament experience and the tournament is a completely different thing than the regular season. Everything is harder to accomplish.

Reactions: mcannon1
If Westbrook was wearing orange tonight, we win. Sucks to say that - but it's encouraging to think that we're one quality PG away from competing on an elite level.

Reactions: mcannon1
Does that mean that Georgia is a top 10 team seeing how they beat Tennessee? You can't go by comparative scores. If UConn had hit their free throws the game would not have been close. Tennessee needs to cut down on fouls and turnovers. Tennessee is a top team but I don't know if you want to play UConn in the Tournament. Remember, Tennessee has won as many games as UConn has played. They have very little continuity in games played. None of your players have tournament experience and the tournament is a completely different thing than the regular season. Everything is harder to accomplish.
No it means WVU is the true #1

If Ucon is indeed the team that you have cited them being,then I say that our Lady Vols are right in the conversation. To my old eyes,had two of our top three shown up with their usual games,our Ladies would have won. But we all know about ifs and buts. This Lady Vol team is getting better and better. Good game,Ladies,keep playing hard.

Moral Victory U!

Reactions: allenfan1

VN Store

Back