Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that short stint in the XFL reignited his passion? The way I see it, even if we have no shot, you still pick up the phone and ask. The worst he can say is no. There's always the possibility, even if slim, he's intrigued and says yes. Absolutely nothing to lose in asking.
I’m sure you ask and put out feelers all over the place..... we should have already locked up who we were going to hire before we started this nonsense.

I can’t wait to hear what we paid these guys.
For guys that couldn’t even sniff third team or even honorable mention ALL SEC, what’s the going rate?
3 Big Macs, two 🍟 and a shake?
Since at least the 90’s..... we may not directly pay some kids like Auburn did for Cam Newton but we have always given 100 dollar handshakes.... I’m sure most football players get more than a few perks and always have.

Good morning, Vols. Time to get up and get us some information!!

giphy.gif

I’m not so sure. It’s almost like UT has drawn a line and dared the NCAA to cross, (The Volunteers have done more than their share. How will you respond?).

If the NCAA does try to lumber across, UT is liable to laugh in their face and declare enough.

We are crossing into a different era. It truly might be in UT’s benefit to have a female at the helm.

I tend to agree with you.

Engaging that law firm almost immediately is a key point.

It’s not something we would have done in the past.

I’m sure you ask and put out feelers all over the place..... we should have already locked up who we were going to hire before we started this nonsense.
Should have, but I doubt we did. It's still my opinion that Plowman bungled this investigation by inviting in outside counsel and drawing it out longer than it should have been. I understand compliance and that we broke rules, but we hurt ourselves far more than necessary IMO, and that lies at her feet. Like I said to McGill, I believe there is plenty of blame to spread, and she deserves hers as well. She played a part in failing to safeguard our program.

All that to get to my point, I don't think there was an actual "plan" in place. Maybe she had an idea of how she wanted it to go, but I don't think it was fully mapped out. Hopefully she proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

Reactions: orangesoda
Since at least the 90’s..... we may not directly pay some kids like Auburn did for Cam Newton but we have always given 100 dollar handshakes.... I’m sure most football players get more than a few perks and always have.
But shouldn’t there be a sliding scale?
or does a five star quarterback recruit get the same as a two star long snapper?

Time to stop whining .

We got punched in the mouth . We gonna just lay there and bleed? Hell naw! We gonna get up and scrap!

It's time Tennessee fans sack up. Acting like whoa is me Candy fans.

I've been getting punched in the sack for almost 15 years now. Pardon me if I'm slow to get up. Some of us are more genetically gifted than others.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Time to stop whining .

We got punched in the mouth . We gonna just lay there and bleed? Hell naw! We gonna get up and scrap!

It's time Tennessee fans sack up. Acting like whoa is me Candy fans.
We are just waiting to be kicked in the nuts again.... if we do one thing that makes sense it will be the first time....we could have just fired the coach..... paid the buyout.... cleaned up our mess internally..... had a new AD/coach lined that we announced a few days later.... I would have more faith in what we are doing.

But shouldn’t there be a sliding scale?
or does a five star quarterback recruit get the same as a two star long snapper?
The star players always get more perks..... Bernard King had access to all kinds of perks while he was at UT....

New??? I've cycled through those stages every 15 minutes since the night Kiffin left. All except the final stage of acceptance. I get through stage 4 and then just go right back to stage 1.
Lol. Yes, we’ve dealt with a lot.
But this scandal may top them all.
just how many players did we pay, how much, who paid them, and who knew?

Anybody saying these kids left because they werent going to be eligible here so they can play elsewhere has no clue how The ncaa works. That’s completely a false narrative

Now they may be leaving for a fresh start because they know what coming in a ncaa report but there is no running from the ncaa’s amateurish clauses. They will have to repay extras benefits received and likely serve suspensions whenever they play next fall.

these ncaa issues May make it much more difficult for them to find places that want to deal with this mess than they think and I think some end up back in Knoxville

He took over a 16-21 program but he was loaded?

You must not have watched Texas play or you would have seen him beat no.6 UGA in the Sugar Bowl or no.3 Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield among other top 5 and 10 victories. When was the last time TN fielded a team that was legitimately competitive with, much less beat a playoff team like Oklahoma or SECe champ team like Georgia?

He also beat Oklahoma with Houston, he knows how to beat more talented teams.

Here's a fun stat, he consistently fields top 10 offenses everywhere he goes. When is the last time we had a consistnetly potentent offense?

We all want 98. However, we can't afford to swing for the fence and hit another pop fly like Doofus, the carnie barker, or the great Pruitt. Herman gets us 8-9 wins a year minimum. Do that then we can figure out how to get to 10-12. He's still a young coach too. Plenty of time in his career for professional growth. We need stability.
Gave them their only ten win season since 08 or 09. The Texas job has become such a sideshow it's become hard to win consistently there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Birdie
Feels like we have to absolutely nail the first offer we make or the deluge of rejections and negative press will start all over again.

South Carolina and Auburn had a few no's in their search and kept it moving. I don't think we get that respect from local and national media. They are expecting (and craving) a repeat of our last search. They want to drop 10+ articles in 3 days about who all has said no.

We better get it right.

Purely speculation, but it makes sense to me the AD search is completed. AV has indicated as much. UT knew this was coming and likely had a decent game plan. The search firm is being used for the HC and I’d like to think that one is getting down the tracks also, while getting cover from the supposed AD search. It seems this AD and HC search is being run by tight-lipped professionals, without a lot leaking out ........and I’m good with that. Gives me confidence, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back