Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penn State, Wade... want me to go on?
They didn't go easy on Penn St. (Probably easier than they should have but no slap on the wrist) and Wade is because LSU threw up their middle finger and denied it. Heck we rolled out the filing cabinet full of evidence for them. We reported everything to them evidently. So again, what makes you sure they will slap us on the wrist?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Don't mind Chadwell, you know the AP coach of the year. The guy that had Coastal Carolina ranked in the top 10. The guy who told BYU to come get some after BYU said they would play anybody. BYU with probably a top 10 NFL draft pick at QB. The BYU that is known to be physical in the trenches and Coastal ran for 281 yards with players nobody has heard of. The guy that took the beloved Freeze into overtime with what I would guess to be similar talent. Yeah man, Chadwell stinks.
How many times has a one year wonder in college football and basketball fizzled at a big time program? Pay him 3 M with no buyout if we go there.

They didn't go easy on Penn St. (Probably easier than they should have but no slap on the wrist) and Wade is because LSU threw up their middle finger and denied it. Heck we rolled out the filing cabinet full of evidence for them. We reported everything to them evidently. So again, what makes you sure they will slap us on the wrist?
That evidence most likely extends beyond our own violations.

And guess who Ole Miss hired in December 2011 as their football coach...

Yeah noticed that but Sankey made it clear today it his dancing around the question answer that he definitely has advised schools to leave Freeze alone. Then hours later Freeze leaks to Feldman that he isn’t in running

If Bill O’Brien wasn’t going to be in the college game long, why take the Alabama OC job when he could probably get an NFL job in a second?

You’re assuming that after one of the worst tear downs in NFL history that he was responsible for he could’ve easily gotten an OC job in the NFL? I mean maybe. Also just as likely he didn’t get any interest, and he viewed a year or two at Bama as an OC would build his rep back up.

A Bob Stoops hire would be the football equivalent of the Rick Barnes hire
False. Rick Barnes is a 100% class act and a terrific coach and you would be hard pressed to find anyone that would say a bad word about him.

Stoops is a good coach but has skeletons in his closet.

This is not a good comparison at all.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Because it's Nick Saban's program to rehabilitate coaches. Duh

Sure, but BOB could have easily gotten a NFL position coaching job or an OC job IMO. I think working in college this year wasn’t a “I have nowhere else to go” but more a “I want to be a college coach again” move.

Reactions: MrVolton
Rick Barnes was good enough at his last stop
Nick Saban wasn’t good enough at his last stop
Bill Belichick wasn’t good enough at his last stop

getting BOB wouldn’t be settling at all
Well, Saban had a national championship under his belt and his career was still on an upward trajectory. Miami has problems and likely still does beyond any coaches control. I also don’t believe all coaches are suited for both college and nfl...
Bill was good enough they just couldn’t handle his public image. He was also on an upward trajectory.
Rick is good for UT but I’m not sure we will ever see him in a NC game. I just don’t get excited about Obrian..

Guys, we absolutely cannot take a chance on a guy like Chadwell. I just dont believe he is ready for a hot mess like we are.

If we're willing to pay upwards of 8 mil a year, there's no reason to not come away with a decent coach even with the mess we're in. I said it once though, we're gonna have to over pay whoever it is we want with the dumpster fire that we are. Its that simple.

You’re assuming that after one of the worst tear downs in NFL history that he was responsible for he could’ve easily gotten an OC job in the NFL? I mean maybe. Also just as likely he didn’t get any interest, and he viewed a year or two at Bama as an OC would build his rep back up.

Yes. Offense wasn’t the problem and he helped develop Deshaun Watson. Hell I’d take him as Lions OC right now. Hell I’d take him as Lions HC over Dan Campbell lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back