Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we go for Clark. I’d put money on Chadwell or Steele
No I dont think its Chadwell.
Alot of things have been going on behind the scenes since Christmas. They had to wait till outside counsel finished their due diligence, which ended with Pruitt's interview with them 6 days ago.
They got the search firm involved a couple days later to give them cover. They are letting the firm fully vet the candidates and kick the tires on any other ones. But I believe they know who they are going to hire as AD, and expect it to be announced within a week of Pruitt's firing. I think they have a short list of candidates for HC that the search firm is vetting for interest and background. Look what happened to the NY Mets with their GM Jared Porter. The Mets checked his references but did not peel enough layers of the onion off. UT Im sure is willing to take a little extra time to fully vet those they are getting ready to hire as AD and HC. We/they need to get this right.
So if that means taking some extra time to peel enough layers of the onion off to make sure we know we are getting it right, I'm fine with that. Many people want instant gratification in today's world, but haste can make waste! IMHO the stars are lining up for us to finally get this right. We seem to have the leadership in place to do it, with the backing of most of the FU money donors.
My guesses as to who the top tier candidates are (in no particular order):
Kiffin
Herman
Napier
OBrien
Gus

Darkhorses:
Neal Brown
Chadwell
Healy
Bill Clark
Satterfield
I think Steele talk is a little overblown. Satterfield wanted the USCe job. So he'd definitely take ours. Pretty confident Neal Brown would leave WV, as well.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
So am I wrong in thinking the search firm is currently researching ADs and HCs? That way when the AD is decided he can walk into work the first day with the research already completed on the potential HCs and be told “here pick one”
I think generally the search firms serve more like background checks. Not really hired to vet X’s and O’s....

No worries. Still good info on him. I feel like he is way overdue to get a HC shot somewhere.

The fact he doesn’t call plays hurts him but his time is coming I think. Just better suited in the NFL I think

Andy Reid’s coaching tree isn’t all the great either and that hurts

As bad as i hate to say this. @MIT_Beaver mentioned being at a golf course in Minnesota a while back on twitter. TIFIW

tenor.gif

So was Pruitt. You saw our defense this year. I'm not trying to argue, Ron, but I'm past hearing about how great "so-and-so" is only to watch them come here and fall flat on their face. How many coaches have we talked ourselves into the last 10-15 years? I'm tired of hearing about it, I want to SEE it. Hell, when Chaney was hired, people talked up him up as a great hire because of his past. Look at how we talk of him now. I'll believe it when I see it on the field.
Same

Reactions: TheTimeIsNow
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back